“Amazing food in Kakadu”

Price range: US$22 - US$28
Cuisines: European, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Mimi's is a relaxed contemporary Australian restaurant specialising in modern European food incorporating local native ingredients.
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing food in Kakadu”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife & I recently dined at Mimis restaurant on our trip to Kakadu. On visits to Cooinda in the past the restaurant was always closed so we where happy to have a alternative option to the pub food in the bistro. The setting is pleasant & in keeping with the location of the restaurant with local aboriginal art displayed. The food was excellent, we where truly surprised at the standard & quality of the menu, we did not expect to find a meal of this quality in Kakadu. I had the steak & my wife the Barramundi, both meals where cooked perfectly & am am fussy about my steaks. Presentation was top notch, we finished the meal with a burlee that was one of the best I have had. We will defiantly be returning on our next trip.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jonathan Y

Sydney
“Lucky”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We were lucky to be staying at the lodge the day after Mimi's opened. We started with a mixed bread with evoo/balsamic dip which was quite nice. We both had the Barramundi which was absolutely Devine!
Staff were very nice, food was fantastic in a beautiful territory atmosphere.

2 Thank Stuart S