“What a surprise”

Price range: US$22 - US$28
Cuisines: European, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Mimi's is a relaxed contemporary Australian restaurant specialising in modern European food incorporating local native ingredients.
“What a surprise”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent diner : kangoroo loin wrapped in bacon was very well cooked (bloody like I love it) with small vegetables ( beetroot, carrot...) and a very good juice. Baramundi, taken by my wife, was also very well cooked and tasty. Chocolate fondant as dessert was creamy inside and very tasty.
Service was good
Really a not to miss restaurant in kakadu NP

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Tr6166

Sydney, Australia
“An unexpected gem”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We had the most delightful young French waiter who couldn't do enough for us. The meal choices were great and we loved the food .... and BYO was a plus!!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Karen559
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing food in Kakadu”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife & I recently dined at Mimis restaurant on our trip to Kakadu. On visits to Cooinda in the past the restaurant was always closed so we where happy to have a alternative option to the pub food in the bistro. The setting is pleasant & in keeping with the location of the restaurant with local aboriginal art displayed. The food was excellent, we where truly surprised at the standard & quality of the menu, we did not expect to find a meal of this quality in Kakadu. I had the steak & my wife the Barramundi, both meals where cooked perfectly & am am fussy about my steaks. Presentation was top notch, we finished the meal with a burlee that was one of the best I have had. We will defiantly be returning on our next trip.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jonathan Y
Sydney
“Lucky”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We were lucky to be staying at the lodge the day after Mimi's opened. We started with a mixed bread with evoo/balsamic dip which was quite nice. We both had the Barramundi which was absolutely Devine!
Staff were very nice, food was fantastic in a beautiful territory atmosphere.

2 Thank Stuart S