We (family of 4) visited this lodge in 2014. We were surprised by the state of our room on arrival, as once inside we started noticing the old carpet, spiderwebs, and broken things. The rooms were well placed, and the pool was great, but it was only downhill from there. This place needs renovations and then would be nice.
The restaurant was old, with average food at huge prices. I understand that it was remote, but it wasn't worth it. A great alternative is the restaurant at the caravan park 200m down the road. It was amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the marble foyer to the air-conditioned guest rooms, Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel is a cool retreat in the midst of Kakadu National Park s wilderness. This uniquely shaped hotel, just 2 hours drive from Darwin, is the ideal base to explore Ubirr and Nourlangie rock art galleries and view the towering sandstone escarpment of Arnhem Land. The hotel offers 110 guest rooms making the shape of a crocodile which overlook's a central shaded courtyard and swimming pool. Award winning Escarpment Restaurant offers tastes of Kakadu with both buffet and a la carte options available. Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel also has an Indigenous art gallery showcasing works from the Kakadu and Arnhem region. Guests have access to a 9-hole golf course, Olympic-size pool, and tennis courts at neighbouring Jabiru Township. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gagudju Crocodile Holiday Hotel Kakadu National Park
- Holiday Inn Gagudju Crocodile
- Gagudju Crocodile Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kakadu National Park
- Kakadu National Park Holiday Inn