Bluestone Motor Inn
Goldfields Hotel Motel(Tennant Creek)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Eldorado Motor Inn(Tennant Creek)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Banka Banka Station(Tennant Creek)
  • Bar/Lounge
OutBack Caravan Park(Tennant Creek)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
All reviewsdeluxe roomsroom was largein house restaurantbbq areathe air conditioningqueen bedstayed one nightan overnight stayshapefoxtelbedsidetoiletriesmealsharondesertensuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We booked with Bluestone on the recommendation of friends. Booked over the phone and the young lady was pleasant and helpful. Arrived at Bluestone after the long drive from Darwin; check-in was quick, simple and friendly. Got to the room and it was extremely hot. It took hours for it to cool down to a point where we could sleep. The room was dated but was well appointed and clean. Couldn't really recommend Bluestone to others, mainly for the fact that we were exhausted and in need of a good sleep which was severely inhibited by heat in the room. Perhaps you could phone ahead (when you get some mobile signal) and ask them to turn the aircon on?

Room Tip: Call ahead and get the aircon turned on.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Good place to stay for a stop over, pool was refreshing, they have coin laundry, bbq, outdoor areas to share. The rooms are dated & they need a reno. But i certainly felt assured that we & our car was safe.
Restaurant pricey.
Not much open on a Sunday in Tennant.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Was booked in here by company I sub contract to for work in the area, check in was smooth and reception staff friendly, ordered pizza from the restaurant for the first night, pizza was good but the $9.50 they charged for the beer that I got with it was a bit OTT!! Room was dated, and the cleanliness a bit suspect when I found lids from the complimentary shampoo in the corner of the shower cubicle. They are on bore water in Tennant Creek so there is calcium staining on tiles and in the toilet, this is to be expected.
The tea, coffee, and biscuits were kept in a plastic container, I pondered why until got up in the morning to find the bench area swarming with ants in the pizza box. I had brought some supplies with me from Alice Springs so was concerned about ants getting into them.

I also bought some alcohol with me, (it wasn't cold the first night so hence having to buy a beer with pizza) but it seems that the housekeeping staff thought I had too much as it seems they were sampling the contents of the fridge, I thought I had imagined this but after second day took photo of fridge contents before leaving for work in the morning then compared with fridge in the arvo when returned to my room, there was a definite difference! This is stealing.
Didn't eat at the restaurant as I only had thongs or workboots with me and the sign on the restaurant door said these were not allowed so I gave the Memorial club and Woks Up my business.
Would I stay here again? Not sure, it appears there aren't many options in TC, overall disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GordonWork
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Tennant Creek is not a place I would choose to visit - to be honest it is a place I would avoid. However my wife, 1 year old son and I were there for a conference and so when we arrived at this 3 star motel we weren't expecting much.
But how wrong we were!
The place is nicely laid out, you can park just outside your room. The room we had was unusual in the sense it was hexagonal, but there was plenty of room inside for a double bed,a single bed and a dining table and chairs. We even had a table and chairs outside the room which was a nice touch. The room was clean - if I have to give a criticism the shower in the bathroom wasn't the most powerful, but it was good enough and in no ways a deal breaker.
They have a restaurant on site and that was exceptionally good. They had a wide choice of food on offer and the lamb shanks we had were high quality indeed. Pretty good value as well so that was a pleasant surprise.
Finally, the lady from Manchester (no name tag so I can't name her personally) who acted as receptionist, waitress and bartender performed all these tasks with friendliness and professionalism. She couldn't have been more helpful - a genuine asset to the place, providing a quality of service you wouldn't usually expect to find in the middle of the desert.
I still wouldn't go back to Tennant Creek in a hurry. But if I did, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Robkanandwill
Reviewed 4 October 2013

A welcome respite from the harsh land surrounding it. A well earned three starsy bumped up two stars in this reviewers mind in consideration of its locale and to reflect the quality of the on site restaurant. If you can afford it, it is well worth spending the extra couple of dollars here if you happen to be passing on through Tenant Creek. I notice several of the negative reviews on here have unreasonably high expectations. I would not agree with the alarmist spin they have given to some of the minor defects you may come across.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are a fraction more expensive, so treat yourself with the extra space.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family