The Buenaventura Golf & Beach Resort Panama, Autograph Collection
US$211
  • Pool
US$208
US$184
Hotel Residencial El Valle(El Valle de Anton)(Great Value!)
Anton Valley Hotel(El Valle de Anton)(Great Value!)
US$91
Manglar Lodge(San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$69
Bay View Hotel(San Carlos)
US$88
US$66
US$99
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
All reviewsjw marriottel farobeautiful propertypool areamain restaurantthe entire staffbreakfast buffet issteak restaurantpacific coastfitness centercevichejapanese restauranthotel guestsrooms are largesushirental cargreat beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Great hotel!!! Amazing stay! The place is perfect. Very clean and new. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The food is delicious and is not overpriced. The linen and towels are clean and new. Beatiful decoration! Very friendly staff! Excelent customer service! Delightful swimming pools. I would come back 1.000 times! Best hotel I've ever been to. Simply perfect! Ideal for families and couples. Worth every penny!

Reviewed 25 February 2012

I agree with some of the other poor reviews regarding this hotel. Just returned last night. My wife and I are professionals in our late 30's. We typically stay at hotels like Four Seasons/St Regis/Banyan Tree etc. where you can expect top notch accommodations and amenities. We have been throughout Mexico and Costa Rica at these types of hotels. We were looking for a new place to try and since this hotel was listed in the "leading hotels" brochure we thought this would be up to our expectations. We were really disappointed. The hotel is not bad, its just not great and the experience was sort of a let down after what we had previously read on this site.

Basically, the property seems to have been designed as a complex of private villas that surround a pool area and the hotel is placed like it was an afterthought in the back of the property far from the ocean. You really cant see or hear the ocean from your room. The room itself is ok and has nice appointments. The premium TV channels only had sound and no picture, the rest of the channels were in spanish except for Fox and CNN. There is no in-room coffee maker and it is difficult to actually get a cup of coffee before 9am without a lot of fuss. The breakfast buffet is ok but not great. Certainly does not have all the stuff you usually see and nothing to "wow" you. The service at the restaurants is ok but not great -- for example, you need to wait a while before your coffee cup gets refilled and you usually have to ask. The main restaurant appetizers were outstanding but the main entrees just ok. The gym is small and feels crowded if just 3 other people are there. The steak restaurant on the adjoining golf course was good. The very worst part about it in my opinion is the pool area. This is a very family friendly place -- and it is even pet friendly -- the whole time we were there we were accosted by the sounds of screaming infants, kids playing loudly, semi loud music playing from outdoor speakers, everyone jumping on flotation devices, mothers scolding children, crying etc -- when we go on vacation what we want is peace and tranquility-- you just do not get the sense of tranquility and relaxation that you are expecting to get.

All in all I give this a bad rating because I feel mislead as to what I should be able to expect from this hotel -- i expected based on previous ratings for this to be "top notch" but it really is not. I wont return.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank bill g
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I've been to very expensive hotels. Í've stayed at some of the most expensive hotels in the world. However, something else is staying at a hotel where you feel someone is following your steps to rip you off, and that's how I feel each time I stay at the Buenaventura Bristol Hotel in Panama. Not only do they have hidden fees at every corner you turn, the product is mediocre or plain bad. The rooms are poorly kept. After the first day in the room my wife's straw hat was wet as if water had been poured on it as a result of the humidity in the room, even though we had turned the a/c to the lowest cool setting.
The food is plain bad. The one exception a hamburger. My daughter got very sick, we assume from some bad tuna she had at the hotel. It was on the third day of our stay and we had ony eaten at the hotel. The scrambled eggs for breakfst were invariably cold, almost as cold as the air conditioned dinning room.
To add insult to injury, on the last day we asked for a late check-out as our daughter was sick and we were denied because, we were told, the hotel was full. At check-out, we were able to learn that that the hotel was only half full.
The area of El Faro by the beach is shabby, full of flies and mean grackels which settle on your table to stab the food away from your plate. Grackles are insalubrious birds akin to rats with feathers. And the water at the pool is murky, very murky because the pool's filters don't work.
I'm cutting it short. This hotel is a rip off, and its food disgusting. This is supposed to be Panama's best beach hotel. Beware.

Room Tip: Ask them ahead of time to clean the room properly, including the cristal lamp between the beds which usually is covered with dust.
4  Thank rsachs24
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Being there 3 times .. 2 for new yeras eve and one around october....
stayed twice at the villages and once in the hotel rooms... this is a five luxury hotel!!!!the beds amazing, the food , the drinks, the property everyting about this hotel is top notch!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I have been visiting this resort since it opened a few years ago. I will not repeat what others have said about this property, it is very good and well and well on It's way to be excellent. I have noticed a very encouraging positive shift in operation in the last year. There was a change in management of the property, and it is very noticeable. The Manager, I think his name is Kirt or Kirk, is actually interested in hearing about the guest experience. He is extremely visitible and approachable ( he actually will ask how everything is wherever he sees you). I recently played a round of golf at the new Buenaventura Golf Course,(soon to be fabulous- when completed) and was having dinner at Prime 19, the new Steakhouse, Kirt saw me and without being intrusive he asked about our experience. We told him it was a great addition to their current offering of restaurants, and we loved the golf addition, I saw him at on two other occasions, at the pool, and during my travels through the property. I spoke to my wife and kids and they had also interacted with him during our stay. There is also another person, Nikolas, who is in charge of Food & Beverage, he is also on top of things. He is visible and if there are any issues he will do his best to resolve. The reason I am commenting is that I visit this property many times a year and I get the same experience. I see other guests getting the same "treatment". I have had occasions where everything was not as I expected but after mentioning it to management and they followed up and made it right. I have been travelling to Panama for many years now and have not experienced this level of service outside the city, anywhere else. As this property matures (9 holes, soon to 18 in May), it will be "the place" to visit, not only in Panama, but for anyone looking for a unique, high quality, vacation destination.