“The real adventures in Panama”

Jungle Jeep Adventure
Ranked #6 of 13 things to do in Rio Hato
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: You haven’t seen Panama if you haven’t seen the jungle. Jungle is where adventures are. That’s where exotic birds, unlike any others, sing their songs. That’s were wild fish are waiting to be caught by you for your dinner. Jungle is where the air is balmy, lakes are pristine, greenery is untouched, and wildlife is well – wild! That’s where true Panama reveals its beauty to those who want to live big and to have stories to tell. Leave behind the asphalt jungles of the city and the civilized comfort of a resort, and come play with the Jungle Jeep Adventures in the wilderness of a virgin jungle.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I had a perfect day with tropical adventures.
This is the amazing tour! It was cool and exciting. This is a real and exciting option to see the jungle and to know better Panama. The tour is designed for half a day. We went by an open jeep without the roof. We could see growing palm with coconuts, bananas, mangoes. was the interesting route: after the motorway exit, the road passes through the villages, throw wild jungle without people. The road goes through the scenic spots, small passes, mountain rivers and hills. In the middle of the route was a long stop with swimming in a mountain waterfall. We could get under the waterfall and could feel the effects of a large Jacuzzi. This was bright impression of the waterfall. Along the route we drove and stayed at the observation point on the top of mountain, where on a clear day people can see two oceans at once. Then we stopped in the valley, located on the bottom of an extinct volcano.

I recommend this trip to everyone!

5  Thank AlexKuk

Reviewed 19 June 2013

One of the best tours I have taken in Panama! I have been to El Valle and the surrounding areas a few times, but after taking this tour I learned there are roads, rivers, restaurants and waterfalls that I knew absolutely nothing about. Driving off-road, up and over mountains and crossing rivers provides some amazing views of the valley from the outside rim. The highlight for me was hiking to the waterfall and swimming in the pool below. It had rained the night before so there was a lot of water falling, creating what seemed like a cooling, windy rain storm! It was so refreshing, I did not want to leave. The drinks and food were included, we stopped and had lunch at a place called Paraiso, the food was delicious and the staff were great, including the owner Rose, who came over and sat and spoke with us. The couple who run Jungle Jeep Adventures, Marianna and Ruslan, have to be two of the most attentive and accommodating people I have ever met. I would take this tour all over again, all in all, this was the perfect day of exploring!

9  Thank jsparr0w
Reviewed 19 March 2013

After cooking on the beach in the panamanian sun, I was ready to see the mountains and rainforest of panama. I registered for the waterfall tour. We left at 9am and it was already hot. The tour drives through anton valley and continues into the mountains. It then started to drizzle. It is a challenging drive with many steep climbs and descents on rain washedout gravel/dirt roads. You actually have to use 4H and 4L. We drove up into the clouds and the temp was perfect and when the drizzle turned to rain, it was also warm. From anton valley on the surroundings became lush, and rugged. The drive proceeds through many small villages, were you can see the people and their homes. The panamanians are very friendly and most wave and smile. At the waterfall refreshments were served and the views of the surrounding mountains and valley were awesome. I was then guided down to the base of the waterfall, were i went for a swim. The fresh water was warmer then the ocean!! We then continued on to a eco mountain lodge for a late lunch. The food was good and everyone got to mingle and visit. The drive back was on paved roads that were twisty and narrow. The guides were helpful and friendly and know the area well. I recomend this tour to anyone who wants to see the panamanian mountians, rainforest, countryside, panamanian peoples, escape the heat, and have a good challenging drive were driving a jeep is a good idea.

4  Thank Jackalope47
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I have to say that we thought this excersion was a little expense when we booked it. We took the 7 hour tour which turned into an 8 1/2 hour tour and we toured the Anton Valley mountain. I honestly have to say that we had the time of our life. We wished we would have booked this excersion at the beginning of our vacation so that we could have rented the suite that was available at the water falls for a few days. We went to a wonderful restaurant 3/4 of the way up the mountain and the Panamanian food was amazing and was reasonably priced. We made it up to the top of the mountain and it was completely breath taking. Our 2 guides definately went way beyond what you would expect as a guide. We had a driver as well as someone taking pictures througout the day at no extra charge, they were so accommodating whatever you wanted to do they would make happen. I have to say that this excersion was well worth the money and then some. I would highly recommend the Jungle Jeep Adventure tour to anyone. Thank you once again....Rob & Terri from Ontario Canada.

5  Thank Terri-Lynn C
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Took their trip two weeks ago. El Valle de Anton was awsome. The trip was a bit pricy, but realy nice.

2  Thank Vladimir I