“Very welcoming” 5 of 5 bubbles

Granby Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Northfleet
“Very welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Staying here for two weeks until I find myself a flat as I've moved down to Kent for work. Was slightly sceptical due to the various reviews on here but I can say I have never felt more welcome. The staff have bent over backwards to accommodate me and are genuinely interested which is very rare from hotels. The room is absolutely spotless and is cleaned every single day. Breakfast is fantastic as is dinner at night, Bob the chef does a fantastic job!! If you're staying here I wouldn't take the other reviews as something to go by. This is a lovely, friendly, homely hotel and I'm pretty gutted to be leaving. Will be back for some of that Sunday roast!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Welcomed by very helpful & competent staff who explained that the hotel was undergoing some refurbishment. I was shown to my room which was very nicely fitted out. The room was very quiet, and the facilities first rate. Breakfast excellent in quality & quantity.I would definitely stay again.Only peculiarity was the bar closing at 10pm. However a good pub is opposite if you want to drink a bit later!

Room Tip: This hotel very quiet during my stay and the rooms I saw spacious.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dartford
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This is not a hotel , it's a dirty halfway house and also used by sleazy men working away from home and on hookers. Never again as it's dirty and run down on a main road. The kitchen is old run down and frankly filthy and everything cooked from frozen.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Aparent77
Preston, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I am becoming convinced that the only rooms that are offered on "Late Rooms.Com" are those rooms that the hotels have had problems with in the past. In my case, the room was directly below the dining room, and a wooden dance floor. You can imagine trying to sleep when the night staff are laying tables for breakfast in hobnail boots at 1.30 in the morning. I had to get dressed and go upstairs to complain, and the poor lad didn't even realise that he was causing a problem. Doh!
This hotel is not cheap, and it definitely ain't cheerful. The one positive was the food, which was very good value for money, and tasty. As to the hotel, the outdated decor, and multi-coated paintwork, would make this a good candidate for a 70's museum piece. I've stayed in better Youth Hostels, and at a quarter of the price!
The clientele are chiefly construction workers, so the place comes across as a bit rough and ready. If you are a bloke on your own on, and on business, this place is just about acceptable. I would certainly not take my friends and family.

Room Tip: Get a room upstairs
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tony S
Wallsend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Visited the Granby for two nights. From the moment we stepped through the door we were treated with kindness and courtesy. Nothing was too much trouble. We were shown by the manager to the annex. When we arrived there he looked at my partner and said there were too many stairs to climb to the room we were booked into so if we waited he would find us a lower room. We were shown into an immaculately clean room. Apologies were made that major refurbishment work was being carried out to the hotel so some disruption may occur. We never noticed it. Breakfast next morning was a delight, a beautifully decorated and furnished dining room with a cooked breakfast probably the best I have tasted in a hotel. Evening meals were the same, an excellent choice of quality food. My partner arranged a 70th birthday for me at very short notice for the following night. The amazing staff performed miracles and even produced a beautiful birthday cake. An excellent hotel with staff who always go the extra mile. I shall certainly be staying there again on my next visit to Kent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Shropshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I booked 1 night in a hotel down the road through bookings.com unfortunately they had over booked so arranged a room here. My initial thoughts were of terror as had read the terrible reports while searching for a hotel. As I was working near by and it was just one night I thought I'd risk it.
I must say I was very pleasantly surprised! The room I was in had been refurbished to a good standard, the service was excellent with the manger going out of her way to assist. I had a breakfast in the morning and didn't need to eat all day! The area isn't pretty and I wouldn't be rushing back for a romantic weekend but it's very good value and clean should you be working in the area.

• Stayed April 2014
Northampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Travelling with my daughter we booked via Lastminute.com as we acquired tickets late in the week for an event at Brands Hatch the following day.
Arrived at hotel at 9pm and after much furious clicking on a mouse the receptionist, who was actually quite nice and apologetic, told us that that the lad who was on the desk earlier in the day didn't understand the booking system and a room had not been allocated.
She offered us a discount and apologised for the mix up and showed us to our room.....in the basement.......below car park level...with rattling steel windows.....horrific traffic noise....and fumes.....radiator so hot you would end up in A&E if you grabbed it for more than a second.....(even though it was a very warm night and no sensible person would have had the heating on to start with!)
Room generally was very grubby.
Daughter suffers from sinus problems so the only thing this room could guarantee is that she would wake up with a banging headache the following morning if we stayed there.
Got on the LateRooms iphone app, demanded a refund and bailed out to Ramada Encore at Chatham ......

Room Tip: Rooms in alternative hotels are probably better!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KevH1957
GranbyHotel_12, Guest Relations Manager at Granby Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
We are sorry that your visit to The Granby did not meet with your expectations. We are currently undergoing major renovations to the main hotel building as part of an on-going programme to improve our standards. Wherever possible, depending on availability you can speak to hotel staff who would allocate your booking to an alternative room. In respect of you booking in experience we will address the matter with refresher training for all our staff members.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northfleet
Premier Inn Gravesend Central Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge
BEST WESTERN Manor Hotel
BEST WESTERN Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Singlewell
Premier Inn Gravesend (A2/Singlewell) Hotel
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa

Been to Granby Hotel? Share your experiences!