“Nice place - shame about the Management”

and 1 more site!
Shades of Arrowtown
Ranked #3 of 12 Arrowtown B&B and Inns
York, UK
“Nice place - shame about the Management”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Although I have stayed twice before,and my booking was confirmed in writing, management cancelled my reservation by email 48 hours before my arrival with a rather thin story about double booking. I suspect that they had a better (longer) offer. No attempt was made to suggest alternative accommodation.

Off my list, I'm afraid, in spite of the limited options in Arrowtown.

Markings relating to the rooms are from a previous visit as an entry is required.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Lorica H, Owner at Shades of Arrowtown, responded to this review, 4 November 2012
I am sorry that you have had a bad experiance with the previous owners, I am please to let you know that we had just taken of here at the Shades of Arrowtown, and if you are ever here in New Zealand again I would like to ask you to give us an opportunity to stay with us again and this time I promise you a nice and relaxing time. Thank you Tom and Lorica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Surrey
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Arrowtown is a very pretty town about 20 min drive from Queenstown with good selection of places to eat and nice walks close by. It is small and I would say quite upmarket so places to stay are not vast and usually in demand. Shades has only got a 3 star value rating from me as it is quite expensive for what is really an upper class motel. However the rooms are a reasonable size with cooking facilities - stove top and microwave - no oven, and separate bedroom. Furnishings are OK but not particularly new or modern. It's not a large property but the setting is nice - about 10, mainly semi detached cabins, in nicely planted grounds with access to BBQs and only a couple of mins walk from the main high street. The cabins do vary in size and amenities and I believe some have their own laundry facilities although there is a communal pay as you go facility on site. There is also a large two storey cabin which was very popular with families. Shades is a perfectly OK place to stay in a picturesque village with access to all the activities in the Queenstown area but outside of the noise, traffic and bustle of Queenstown itself.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jasmine101Surrey
Lorica H, Owner at Shades of Arrowtown, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Thank you for your review. The Shades of Arrowtown is now Under NEW management, and we have been slowly upgradeing things from Tv's to Bedspreads to completly new kitchens. I hope that someday you will be able to come back and see the changes we have made. Thanks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arrowtown
Arrowtown House Boutique Hotel
#1 of 5 in Arrowtown
Arrowfield Apartments
Arrowfield Apartments
#1 of 12 in Arrowtown

Been to Shades of Arrowtown? Share your experiences!