We checked into the Millbrook on our honeymoon and were shown to our first room which was dated with brown, old fashioned headboards, cheap sofa chairs and a painted firewall that reminded me of a badly decorated wedding cake. We asked to change rooms and were happy to pay for an upgrade. The next room we were shown was somewhat better, although if you wanted to watch TV it was behind a painting in the small dinning area and you would have needed to it on hard wooden chairs to do so. Fours hours later we were finally checked into another room but were given no keys by the completely hopeless staff. We stayed one of our three nights that we had booked. Completely disappointing. Millbrook needs to move with the times. Don't stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named New Zealand’s Top Hotel for three consecutive years at The TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Awards, as well as New Zealand and Oceania’s Leading Golf Hotel at the inaugural World Golf Awards in 2014, Millbrook Resort is the definition of five star luxury. Set across 500 acres of Central Otago countryside, with lush green fairways, rolling hills and gentle babbling streams, the resort offers a complete escape, just twenty minutes from ‘adventure capital’ Queenstown. The Resort encompasses a 175 room five star hotel, offering a variety of luxurious studios and suites, two bedroom villas, two, three and four bedroom cottages, and Fairway Homes, all designed to capture the history of the resort, the surrounding views of the golf course and mountains, and with complete privacy in mind. As co-hosts of the BMW New Zealand Open for 2014 and 2015, Millbrook Resort is celebrated for a bucket-list-inspiring 27 hole championship golf course, acclaimed restaurants, an award winning day spa, a comprehensive health and fitness centre, multiple conference venues and facilities, and a wide range of onsite activities which allow guests to stay and play for days without even leaving the resort. All in-house guests can enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, preferential green fees, and access to our health and fitness centre. Just a two minute drive from historic Arrowtown, fifteen minutes from Queenstown International Airport, and twenty minutes from Queenstown, Millbrook also provides a free shuttle service to/from Arrowtown and Queenstown so guests can enjoy all that the area has to offer. Millbrook Resort sets the standard for romantic getaways, golfing holidays and relaxing retreats – with a round of golf, lunch at The Hole in One cafe, a signature massage, and an evening at the award winning Millhouse Restaurant or Japanese inspired Kobe Cuisine, just one of the many ways to spend a day at Millbrook Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Millbrook Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millbrook Hotel Arrowtown
- Millbrook Resort Arrowtown