“Not a 5 start as they advertise.”
Review of Millbrook Resort

Millbrook Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Arrowtown
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Checking into our room I found the 2 upholstered lounge chairs so dirty and disgusting that we would not sit in them so we used the blankets to cover them. Then I signed onto the "free" internet only to find out that it free only for 30 minutes. I used 9 minutes in the morning then tried to sign on again at night only to find out that one must use all of the 30 minutes at one time. When I complained about not getting the full 30 minutes the answer was free internet in the lobby. So here I am using their computer. They charge $20 for 4 GB which is good only for one
day. After paying a lot of money for a room I hate to be robbed for a few extra dollars. I would rather pay more for the room than be nickeled and dimed. It's a cheap way to operate.
The lobby has free internet, but you have to use their computer. That is if you want to sit in a fake leather chair that is torn with stuffing falling out.
A 5 Star hotel would not have worn and dirty chairs in the rooms or a torn chair in the lobby.
Many places have free internet so asking me to pay $20 for4GB good only for one day I find insulting after what the room cost.

2  Thank gedavky
MillbrookResort, Hotel Manager at Millbrook Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Millbrook experience. I was disappointed to read that your room was not cleaned to standard. As one of New Zealand's leading five star resorts, obviously this falls well below our normal high standards. I have shared your review with our team and we are taking steps to ensure our high standards are maintained for future.

With regards to your comments regarding our Internet service, we have recently chosen to invest heavily in fiber optic infrastructure throughout the resort to ensure we are providing a world class high speed service. We have also changed our provider and are currently reviewing our pricing plans, to help improve our service for future. Your comments and suggestions (which I have shared with the management team) regarding this service will be very helpful for our future decisions as to whether this cost is absorbed into the room rate or whether it is kept as an additional charge.

Thank you for bringing to our attention a damaged chair in foyer. This has since been replaced.

We appreciate and value all feedback and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay further. Please feel free to contact me directly at martin.hamilton@millbrook.co.nz.

Martin Hamilton

Write a ReviewReviews (1,095)

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Dear Jennifer, we were a Kiwi problem booking, chopping and changing our minds. You were so helpful and patient. Locals are the worst!!
Thank you working out the best deal and the rooms.

We cannot wait to enjoy another stay at Millbrook Resort and our game of golf

Stayed: March 2013
MillbrookResort, Hotel Manager at Millbrook Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for sharing your Millbrook experience. I was very pleased to hear that Jennifer from our Reservations team was able to ensure you enjoyed a package and room that was best suited to your needs. She is very appreciative of your feedback and I'm sure she will be happy to ensure you are looked after again for your future visits. We look forward to seeing you on the resort again soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We have just returned from spending two weeks at Millbrook and found it as wonderful as ever, this was our 11th visit. The amenities, food etc all reasonably priced and the new Japanese restaurant is exceptional. The course was in good condition leading up to the New Zealand open. All the staff are helpful and cheerful .

Stayed: February 2014

Dear Robyn,

Thank you for sharing your Millbrook experience. It is always nice to hear from regular guests such as yourselves. Great to read that you again enjoyed everything that Millbrook has to offer, including our new Japanese restaurant, Kobe Cuisine. It was also nice to know that you were able to enjoy the Golf course in tournament condition, just prior to the NZ Open. Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming back again soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We choose to stay at Millbrook Resort each year to attend the Gibbston Valley Winery concert. We were upgraded to 5 Malaghans Way again which was a wonderful surprise! This home is extremely comfortable and spacious. Looking out over the fairway watching the golfers & the view of the Remarkables makes you not want to leave. Thank you again Millbrook for this special place in our beautiful country.

Room Tip: All accommodation is great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
MillbrookResort, Hotel Manager at Millbrook Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Millbrook experience. It was very pleasing to read that you enjoyed an upgrade into one of our beautiful fairway homes. I trust you enjoyed the concert also. Nice to read that Millbrook is a special place for you and we look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy more of our unique resort in future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My partner and I stayed one night recently in a Villa room, from checking in at Reception to when we checked we were treated with such respect and friendliness that it made us feel very relaxed and welcome. The staff at Millbrook Resort went above and beyond to ensure all our needs were catered to. Our room was spacious and tranquil and the food in the Millhouse Restaurant was beautiful. This stay was incorporated in my plan to propose to my partner, staff at the hotel went out of their way to make this a special day for us. Of note Concierge Dale BOWDEN went over and beyond to ensure that everything ran to time, was prepared to fine detail and was kept secret from my partner. Dale was able to organise the use of a golf cart, a picnic hamper with whatever I desired, picnic blankets and went out of his way to locate a special place for a romantic picnic, he also liaised with the helicopter company I had hired to organise the landing at Millbrook and tidied up after we left the picnic area for our flight. With his assistance Dale made this day less stressful for me leaving me with the finer details to organise. Again a special thanks to Dale BOWDEN who also worked beyond the hours of his shift to ensure the event went to plan. I recommend the Millbrook Resort to anybody who wants a luxurious relaxing Hotel where all your needs will be catered to. I'm looking forward to returning to the Hotel in the near future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear John,

Thank you for sharing your recent Millbrook experience and congratulations on your recent engagement. I was very pleased to read that Dale (from our concierge team) went above and beyond to ensure your proposal was one to remember and that everything went off without a hitch. Our service goals are to help create personal and memorable Millbrook experiences for all our guests and it appears Dale has certainly succeeded in this case. Nice to know that Millbrook will always be a special place for you and your future wife and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in future.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed here in a villa suite for 3 nights with my wife while playing in the final of the BMW Golf cup. The setting is very relaxing and the staff are always very helpful. The rooms are very spacious and clean and we had a great balcony overlooking the 8th tee of The Remarkables course. The buffet breakfast in the clubhouse has a great selection of both hot and cold dishes and they would also cook our eggs to our liking. Overall we had a very relaxing and stress free stay and would not hesitate booking here in the future.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Millbrook experience. It was great to read that you enjoyed a relaxing and stress free stay with us during the recent BMW tournament. Thank you for your recommendation to others and we are very glad to hear you are looking to return in future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

My husband and I were part of a larger group and we were treated like royalty! The resort location is amazing with 365 degree views of gorgeous scenery. We were in one of the villas looking out over the beautiful golf course. The staff is amazing and very helpful without any indication that they'd prefer to be anywhere but there. They seem to enjoy their jobs and working at the resort. I visited the spa and had the best massage that I've ever had!

Room Tip: Every room is assured a wonderful view. We were in the villas near the tennis court facing the golf...

Dear Brenda,

Thank you for sharing your Millbrook experience. Great to hear you enjoyed everything about our little slice of paradise, especially the service provided by our team. The talented team in "The Spa" were especially pleased to hear you rate their massage as the best you have ever had! It was also nice to read that you noticed how much our team enjoy what they do. Hard not to in an environment such as this. We hope we can welcome you in back in the near future to experience more of what Millbrook has to offer.

Martin Hamilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arrowtown
Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa
Arrowtown House Boutique Hotel
Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu Queenstown
Queenstown Park Boutique Hotel
Hotel St Moritz Queenstown - MGallery Collection
The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments

Been to Millbrook Resort? Share your experiences!