“Foodie place”

A Taste of Gibbston Valley
Ranked #16 of 41 Restaurants in Arrowtown
Cuisines: New Zealand, European, Wine Bar
Dining options: Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Visit our wine tasting room in historic Arrowtown. Stop in for a wine tasting and try our range of Gibbston Valley Wines.
Cromwell, New Zealand
“Foodie place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Yummy Cafe food, friendly staff, wine, coffee, tea or juice. There is also a small deli area with cheeses, oils, chutneys, condiments and related giftware etc. Plus a lounge area to relax in with a glass or two of local wine. I bought chorizo and a stick of artisan bread to take home after having lunch with a friend.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Glenda R

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Beautiful Setting, Great Service and the best of Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Sitting outside on a sunny day is great. The staff are excellent, friendly and very helpful. I like that the Manager came over and spent time chatting after our meal. Will be going back.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Cathy A
“Best Salads in New Zealand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

My partner and I visited Arrowtown during the Autumn festival and had a great lunch at the Gibbston Valley restaurant. I had the chefs salad and my partner had the salmon. Everything was so fresh, well prepared and well presented. It really made our trip great as it was just one day. I was pleasantly surprised by the range of gluten free options and thought the small shop was a nice touch. Would definitely visit again when I'm next in Arrowtown.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Janefrat
Brisbane, Australia
“FOOD soooo YUMMY and Unique”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I love good service and I looove unique, out of the ordinary food-GO to this special little cafe and get both with the added extras of a fun larder to buy great and different local food AND wine-tasting too!! The team was kind and friendly and the cafe was so interesting to look around-so many quirky fun things to buy, eat, read and do! AND did I say how yummy the food!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank RobinaS
Wagga Wagga
“I wish I could give it 6 stars!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

This little establishment is outstanding in every respect! We had lunch here on a cold and windy day after some Arrowtown retail therapy and we were thrilled with our visit. Here's why:
1. Ambience - gorgeously rustic in keeping with Arrowtown. A great atmosphere.
2. Staff and service - friendly, helpful, efficient - Kiwi hospitality at it's best!
3. Drinks - amazing hot chocolate! Excellent coffee - wine looked pretty good but we did not have any on this occasion!
4. Food - DIVINE!! Seriously, the chef is a genius - the best Carbonara I have ever had ANYWHERE! A really unusual and varied menu using the best of fresh NZ produce.
I would thoroughly recommend this establishment and it would love to have another meal here before I leave NZ.
Will done to all the staff at A Taste of Gibbston Valley - this is a real gem!!

Visited April 2014