“Loud room, average stay.”

Quality Hotel Wangaratta Gateway
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Wangaratta
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed here for two nights. I was in a studio apartment with adjoining bathroom. Some of my colleagues had renovated rooms but I must have been in an old room yet to be done up. The bathroom was clean but very dated. The water struggled to stay in the shower and there was no bathroom fan so the whole room fogged up and became humid. The room was close to the road so I could hear the traffic all night and anyone walking past could be heard. I think my room must have previously been a smoking room as it had a odour of cigarettes but burning a scented candle fixed this. The staff were very helpful and the woman at reception was able to recommend some delicious dinner places. The bathroom soaps and kit were Mor and were wonderful. I love the Mor brand so it was a great little treat! I think that the Quality Hotel could become really lovely with a few upgrades and modifications. I am sure the done up rooms would have been nicer.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room as they seem to be nicer.
Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Grace N

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed two nights and enjoyed a modern spacious room with comfortable bed. The food was delicious, well presented and very tasty - a very high standard. A great choice for dinner and also a cooked breakfast option. Try the delicious desserts. The staff everywhere were friendly and helpful, without being too over the top. Overall it was a lovely stay and I certainly ecommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Travelling on our way from Melbourne to NSW we weren't sure where to stay for the night so we stopped in Wangaratta and easily found the The Gateway on the main street. The room was wonderfully spacious, warm (it was very cold outside) and nicely decorated. The bed was so comfortable and huge! The facilities were excellent, there is a lovely cocktail bar and a great restaurant. The service was excellent. Would highly recommend and would definitely stay there again. Next time I will take my togs as the pool (heated) looked great.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MandeepTwomey
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed overnight, the room was modern and well presented. I had room service, dinner and breakfast both enjoyable. The major problem was the road noise, I could not sleep which was the main reason I was there. I spoke to reception when I was checking out and was told I could have been moved but at 1am packing my bag and moving would not have been awkward.

Room Tip: Request a room away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was a stop-over on our way home to the Central West of NSW from a combined business/ sight-seeing trip to Melbourne. The room was spacious and the amenities made the space both very comfortable and relaxing. Everything was spotlessly clean. The general environs of the motel are inviting and the staff were extremely helpful, efficient and friendly. But, the clincher for us was the restaurant. We chose to book here because of the on-site restaurant and were very pleasantly surprised. After arriving well into the evening we weary travellers stashed our belongings and made our way down to eat. We had the best meal of our trip (by far). The service was discreet and efficient and the food was delicious. It was accompanied by an excellent wine list. A great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Overnight stop on the way to falls Creek. Was impressed by the neatness and clean environment.Rooms well made and very clean. Our room was at the pool side which was great for pool and sauna access. Staff are very courteous and helpful with information about the hotel. Nice little bar and restaurant. Cooked breakfast was lovely to start the day.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back to avoid traffic noise from the main road.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KrazzyHarry
Reviewed 11 August 2014

After a week in Falls Creek staying in what was probably the worst place my family had ever seen they were desperate for even a half decent highway motel. The stay at the Quality Hotel surpassed all expectations. From the friendly helpful receptionist to the fantastic room we were impressed. We stayed in a 2 bed room apartment - a very newly constructed and excellently outfitted apartment. One King Bed and two King Singles - brilliantly comfortable. Whilst it was an overnight stop the kitchen(ette) had every thing you needed for self catering. Roomy and well laid out we would have been impressed under any circumstances let alone coming from the previous 5 nights in 3rd world conditions!

We also discovered there was an excellent restaurant attached to the hotel - and rather a nice little bar.

Now all we need is an excuse to come back.....

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GrantOfSA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wangaratta
Hermitage Motor Inn
#2 of 10 in Wangaratta
Advance Motel
Advance Motel
#3 of 10 in Wangaratta

Been to Quality Hotel Wangaratta Gateway? Share your experiences!