“Brilliant stress break”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Coolum Beach
Brisbane, Australia
“Brilliant stress break”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

What a wonderful place we stumbled on. My adult daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed just one day and evening. We needed a stress break , work and life was just getting too much. We will be back to enjoy the " goats track" to get to the very private beach which we both loved ! There are more accessible beaches close by but this one was our favourite.

Room Tip: love the views from the balcony even saw a whale !
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Anna P
ThePointCoolum1, Manager at The Point Coolum Beach, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Hello Anna

It was lovely to meet you & thank you for you review.
We would love to see you back here again soon for a longer stay.
Dont forget to chek out our monthly specials or HOTDEALS on the BOOKNOW button found on our webpage.

See you again soon.
Tanita

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
melbourne
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I was looking last minute to take my 2 year old daughter over the long weekend (and school holidays!), so there weren't too many choices and I locked in three nights (the minimum - probably one more than I wanted) at The Point.

Let me preface this review by saying that it has rained for about 2/3 of the time we have been here *and* my daughter came down with an ear infection the night before we left, so both of those things have no doubt coloured my view. I wavered between 3 and 4 stars, but wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, as they have no control over the weather or my daughter's illness! Of course having had to prepay around $750 for the three nights, there was no way we were staying home, despite her being sick!

The booking process was reasonably painless - we got the last villa available (44), so didn't have any choice in the matter.

Check in was reasonably smooth. Once we got to the room I unloaded the food, was disappointed to find only a bar fridge (since I had brought along all the food for us), but managed to squeeze it all into the fridge.

Then I tried to set up the internet (having paid $12 for three days wireless). I have a new Apple Mac with Mountain Lion, and could not for the life of me get it to work - wasn't even asking for the password. I called the front desk and they did call the manager to ask, but no one was able to assist. I ended up returning the modem etc after two nights and said I had not been able to get it to work. No refund was offered (not a lot of money in the scheme of things, but hate paying for something I can't use!)

The room was adequate. The kitchen was reasonably well stocked with equipment, and salt and pepper! The microwave was small - a bag of microwave popcorn couldn't turn around until fully inflated. The "stove" was a small two burner electric stove in the counter top, I didn't use it. The TV was very good size and quality - I just wish they had Nick Junior for the two solid days of rain! The patio was lovely and I did get to have dinner out here on the first night with the moon reflecting off the ocean. The view was very good (through the rain!), but as another reviewer mentioned, there was pretty solid traffic noise. It didn't bother us at night.

The room next door did bother us - I do not know WHAT they were doing, but sounded like people constantly stomping around, opening and closing doors and drawers etc etc. Went on until around 11pm last night, and is going on right now as I type. This then made me paranoid about ensuring that my daughter didn't disturb THEM or the people below us, so constantly asking her to stop crying/talking too loudly/jumping etc etc. Now that is my issue (not wanting to bother others), but all that to say that you can feel the vibrations etc from every movement next door. We were on the top floor so didn't have "overhead" noise thank goodness.

Being on the top floor, the trip to the pool involved two flights of stairs down, then three flights of stairs UP to the pool, plus a short walk up a driveway. Manageable with a fairly mobile 2 year old and bag of pool gear, but wouldn't want to be mobility impaired at all, or trying to juggle younger/multiple children. There is no children's pool, I am not sure what people are talking about there. There is a normal depth pool with one or two steps that a toddler could play on, then there is a spa attached, which is a good depth for toddlers and not too hot (although very small, about 1m square). I talked to a family at the pool and they said that we were at the heated pool, even though it didn't feel that warm to me (and I am from Melbourne originally, so not a QLD wuss about the water temperature!)

There was nothing in the way of books, cookbooks, etc. as one of the other reviewers mentioned in their villa.

Also I woke up the first night because the pillow was really really uncomfortable - I am not normally one to be bothered by these things, so it must have been bad! I swapped it out for another one in the cupboard that was a bit softer. Like I said, first time I can ever remember having that issue, I am not a picky pillow person!

Anyway, this is a rather exhaustive review. I just wanted to give people a flavour of things - it will either work for you or not. I did think it was nice being a 2 - 3 minute drive out of Coolum proper. We had no problem parking at the Coolum beach parking lot the last two days, but the weather probably had something to do with that! I got takeaway from the Thai place in Coolum the first night, which was fine, and we had coffee from Coolart (nice, but no muffins or anything to distract the 2 yo, just cookies, and not much room to sit) and Emjays or something like that (coffee not bad, muffins not bad, big comfy chairs/couches). We also got chips from the Kebab place today, and they were fine! We drove up to Noosa yesterday just because we were going spare, and had an ice cream up there in the rain.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jojoMelbourne
LAUNCESTON
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We needed somewhere to stay for 1 night, it was difficult to find a place that would accept 1 night only. We booked an apartment at The Point Coolum Beach. I was so impressed with the cleanliness, also the provision of books, cook books, children's books as well as an assortment of novels. We didn't have time to check out the facilities, but would definitely love to come back again + stay longer.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
ThePointCoolum1, Manager at The Point Coolum Beach, responded to this review, 16 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review The Point Coolum

Villa 37 is a newly renovated villa with its own individual character and great views.
It fast becoming a favourite with our repeat guest as the owner of this villa has put in their own personality making very homely. I am delighted to hear that you like & appreciated the little personal touch that the villa owner has put in and will be sure to pass on your compliment to them.
We look forward to seeing you back here soon.

KEpp an eye out for our monthly specials on our Website & face book page.

Tanita
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 24 August 2012

excellent location. we had great sea view at an exceptional price through Agoda. The apartment was spacious well appointed and a great balcony from both lounge and bedroom. the unit was fully self contained with a spa. thanks

Room Tip: we had a upper room. great stairs but great rom
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anthony D
ThePointCoolum1, Manager at The Point Coolum Beach, responded to this review, 15 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
We look forward to seeing you back here again soon

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Thankyou so much to All the wonderful staff for such a fabulous holiday at their resort. The view was absolutely breath taking and the bed was soo comfortable. I loved sitting by the pool reading my book and sinking into the comfy poolside chair....

The location is very convenient to shops and restaurants and we had a bar b q one night by the beach

Thankyou again....we will be back

Cheers and Thankyou so much

Clare Dyer ey al so

Room Tip: Front Room middle floor is a piece of heaven
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
ThePointCoolum1, Manager at The Point Coolum Beach, responded to this review, 24 August 2012

It' great to hear that you had such a great time.
We look forward to seeing you beack here again soon.

The banana beds will be waiting.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I've had the pleasure of visiting The Point on many occasions and am never disappointed.
The villas do vary in decor and style and we are yet to find one that wasn't clean and well maintained.
The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful with any requests, comments or enquiries dealt with efficiently and quickly.
I cannot recommend The Point highly enough for couples or families (we have done both). The pool and proximity to the beach are great for kids but it's also great for couples as it's not overrun with children!
From reading other reviews it seems others don't like that you're a good 10 minute walk out of Coolum but personally I think the walk is so beautiful along the coast and the views from the Point just take your breath away and make up for it anyway!

Room Tip: If you can stretch the budget to a penthouse you will not be disappointed! Also I recommend you phon...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our Resort
Your kind words are greatly appreciated

We look forward to seeing you back here again soon

Perth
Reviewed 1 August 2012

5 lovely nights in The Point with my wife and daughter. The accommodation was perfect for us and what made it even better was the fact we got a free upgrade. The staff were very freindly and helpful as well. I would definitely recommend these apartments to anyone heading up to Coolum Beach.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
ThePointCoolum1, Manager at The Point Coolum Beach, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Dear Scott J

Thank you for your kind words. We thank you for visiting us here in Coolum and look forward to seeing you back here again soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coolum Beach
Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments
RACV Noosa Resort
RACV Noosa Resort
#2 of 10 in Noosa

Been to The Point Coolum Beach? Share your experiences!