“brilliant breakfast”
Review of Sunrise Cafe - CLOSED

Sunrise Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: CLOSED. New restaurant is recently opened.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Quinoa porridge with fruit and yogurt to die for, with great coffee. excellent service and a warm welcome

1  Thank 563,323

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I came here with the family for breakfast and left thoroughly satisfied. The food, service and value were great. I'm generally pretty picky on coffee, and it went down a treat too. The ambient music gave it a nice vibe. I wouldn't hesitate in coming back.

1  Thank VH-MJB
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Always great food and service.very good value for the money. As locals this is our go to place for a meal.Highly recommended

1  Thank Jason Q
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I don't write many restaurant reviews, but I am compelled to write one for Sunrise Cafe. The place is subdued - off the main strip, but the food here is just amazing and great value for money. I had the fried calamari to start, and then the crispy salmon with green beans and garlic mash. The waitress mentioned that the salmon would be cooked medium rare to make sure that I was ok with that. It was one of the best pieces of fish I have had. Pink in the middle, it was cooked to perfection. The veggies were also amazing.

I had two glasses of chardonnay (they could put a bit more effort into their wine list as the selection was limited, but you can't have everything). I was dining alone, so walked away with a wopping $53 bill. What great value.

I came back for breakfast, and it did not disappoint. Excellent coffee, and perfectly cooked poached eggs with turkish toast and bacon for $13.

It is directly across from the boardwalk, with the beach and ocean just beyond.

Someone in the kitchen of this place understands, and is passionate about great food.

1  Thank donjoz
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed in the Beach Retreat Resort and ate here for 2 dinners and a breakfast. The meals we had here were the best we had of all the meals we had in the week we were in Coolum. The food was all freshly cooked, we could tell it was not premade frozen products. When I was lying by the pool next door I would see the Seafood truck and come and delivery their fresh seafood I knew it had to be good. And it was. Would have loved it if they were open every day!!

1  Thank rileyinc