“I love the place and can't wait to return”
Review of Bahia Surf Camp

Bahia Surf Camp
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“I love the place and can't wait to return”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I hesitate to write this review as Bahia Surf Camp is one of those places you would be tempted to keep for yourself. But here goes....if you are looking for a truly fantastic place to surf and you are ready for hands-on coaching from the best, Beto and his team is what you would be looking for.
The energy of the place is fantastic, you are in good hands and you will surely improve you surf.
I loved the place and can't wait to return. Thanks to Beto and his crew for a great time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Beto is as good a teacher as he is surfer! Lorenzo makes you want an EXTRA like button :) The other surfers at the camp were just as lovely and made for a great fun during and after the surf sessions. A wonderful place to spend ANY amount of time.
Our last day Beto took us out to surf on the reef. I wasn't sure if I was good enough to catch the waves out there but was happy just to be able to see the turtles swimming around. On what I thought was going to be my only wave I realized that I was not only able to catch the waves I could ride them too :)))))) Thank you Beto + Lorenzo, looking forward to more SOON !

Room Tip: we stayed in the bungalo, simple, clean and just what we needed after a hard day at the beach :)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Salvador, BA
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We booked on two different days 2 hours of surf lessons. A taxi picked us up at our hotel in Salvador City and brought us to this wonderful place. Before we started the surf lesson we had a rich breakfast in the middle of this beautiful surf camp. The surf lessons were done by Beto and Lorenzo. They teached us very well in english/german/italian so we were able to achieve some success. We had so much fun we even did 3 hours of lesson instead of 2 hours. As the surf camp is located in a private area we were the only ones at the beach and in the waves! Other places we have been were quite crowded and you had to pay a lot of attention not to get hit by other surfers. After surfing we enjoyed a nice lunch which was done very well. The rest of the day we spent either on this wonderful private beach (never saw a more beautiful one during my 3 weeks in Brasil) or in the sun chair in the surf camp. In the late afternoon the taxi brought us back to Salvador City. You really get good value for the EUR 80.00.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My partner and I have stayed at the surfcamp recently for a week before going home after a year of travelling around the world. The camp was definitely one of our highlights. If you love surfing, nature, beaches and want to chill out, this is the place for you! Beto, Lorenzo and the rest of the staff do everything to make you feel at home and make sure you get as much surfing in as possible. The food was excellent, very diverse and more than enough. The camp's location is absolutely gorgeous. Often, we were the only people on the beach and in the water. This really is a chilled out place, surfing is a chilled out sport, if you want a hotel style service, go stay in a hotel and if you just want to party just stay in Rio. I am really glad I didn't believe some of the previous reviews here and highly recommend this little slice of paradise

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 16 September 2013

First of all, This place is a great surf camp, people shouldn't confuse it with Resort Hotel,
or anything like this. For surfing - there's no greater place, for those who enjoy wild nature, calm environment of the ocean beach, that's the place to go.
Price is equivalent to the services rendered, and airport transfer is included.
If you are after bars, discos, and city lights - why even going do the surf camp?

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I turned up just about able to stand up in the white water on an 8ft longboard and left catching the green waves breaking in the line-up on a 6ft....well...some of them ;-)

I had a great time here, chilling in the grounds, watching sunrise on the beach, surfing everyday and getting tips from Beto and Matteus to improve my technique, yoga at sunset.....it was a perfectly chilled week at the end of a crazy year backpacking around South America.

The rooms and common areas are perfect and pristine and the food is great. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank thecuriouswolf
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Spent 5 days at the camp, and definitely wish I had stayed longer. Beto and the rest of the staff are excellent, the food was great and the camp itself is gorgeous. The private beach is stunning with waves for all levels of surfers. My surfing skills improved tremendously within the first lesson. I highly recommend Bahia Surf Camp to anyone looking for a relaxing time in Salvador with great surfing.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank pdub P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abrantes
Bahia Plaza Hotel
#1 of 6 in Camacari
Pousada A Capela
Pousada A Capela
#1 of 8 in Arembepe

Been to Bahia Surf Camp? Share your experiences!