“Absolutely Stunning Vacation Home!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 11 reviews

Reviews from our community

SC
Reviewed 28 November 2011 for a stay in October 2011
people found this review helpful

SC
Reviewed 28 November 2011 for a stay in October 2011

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Philadelphia
Reviewed 19 November 2011 for a stay in November 2011
person found this review helpful

Andrew B
Kansas City, Missouri
“The Perfect Retreat”
Reviewed 16 April 2011 for a stay in April 2011

You can't go wrong staying at Hacienda Kass on Soliman Bay near Tulum, MX. From the time of check-in through the end of our week we were very well taken care of by Luis, the house manager. The house is very well maintained and the decor and furniture perfectly fit the hacienda style home. The home is very big. We had five couples staying for the week and never felt like we were on top of each other.

The food was out of this world. We had Fernando, Pedro, and Maria prepare breakfast and dinner for us almost every day we were there. Everything was made from scratch and many of us thought it was the best Mexican food we've ever had. Maria is very gifted at making pico and guacamole. Our favorite dinners were the bacon wrapped shrimp, fish (grouper) and beef tacos. My brother-in-law loved the chili rellenos.

The beach in front of the home has plenty of room for 10 to 12 people to soak up the sun comfortably. The pool is large and clean and has a great waterfall feature. The home sits on a natural bay which collects some floating trash that sometimes interferes with your swimming. This isn't a fault of the homeowner, but simply a symptom of its location. Don't expect to swim right off the beach. The seagrass is fairly heavy throughout the bay, but once you get past it (30 - 50 ft.) you can swim for days. Many of us spent several hours each day snorkeling the coral reef which runs the length of the bay about 250 - 300 yards off the beach. You can choose to swim out or take the home owned kayaks and tie them to the anchored buoys near the reef. The colorful fish and coral outcroppings are plentiful.

The home is about an hour and 15 minutes from Cancun International Airport. We chose to hire a private shuttle (Cancun Shuttle) to take all ten of us from the airport to Hacienda Kass. This really only works if all couples arrive around the same time. We then rented two cars (Tulum Car Rental) for five days which provided flexibility for the five couples. Tulum is about 15 minutes south of the home and is a fairly easy drive. Watch out for the Mexican federales and inconspicuous speed bumps along the way. Playa del Carmen is about 45 - 50 minutes north of the home. Both Tulum and Playa del Carmen are great for shopping and eating. Make sure to eat at The Blue Lobster in Playa. You won't regret it. Playa is a little more touristy, but in my opinion a little more fun for families and younger couples.

All ten of us loved Hacienda Kass and I'm sure some of us will be back in the near future. I really miss Max, the resident Soliman Bay golden retriever. I was with him on an early morning walk when he was stung by a sting ray. I hope to check in on him next spring.

Travelling group: With Friends
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Luxury-minded travelers
VA
Reviewed 27 December 2010 for a stay in March 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 25-34
Ohio
Reviewed 28 October 2010 for a stay in October 2009

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Home and beach front location
Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 35-44
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$7,000
/ Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing