“Great food, great service, amazing day!”
Review of Oscar & Lalo

Oscar & Lalo
Price range: US$2 - US$5
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Wonderful Palapa Restaurant since 1982 with a pebble floor, mayan sculptures, waterfalls, hammocks, exotic birds, a peaceful garden with a fantastic jungle setting. Excellent Seafood, Authentic Mexican and Yucatecan Cuisine. World Famous "Lalo's Special", a dish made with fresh shrimp, lobster, calmer, fish and chicken fajitas is Superb. The ceviche made of fresh fish, shrimp, lobster, octopuss and lemon is also exceptional. The most relaxing place to laze in a hammock after a delicious feast.
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My girlfriends and I ended our amazing day of adventure with a four course lunch at Oscar and Lalo's. The staff were incredibly friendly, and the food was fresh and delicious. I would return!

There are newer reviews for Oscar & Lalo

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My travel buddy and I recently came here as a part of a tour. We had no expectations as usually the food on tour are pretty average. Not the case at Oscar and Lalo. Their ceviches were delicious. Their grouper tasty. The tres leche was so amazing. It's set in a beautiful jungle like dining area with hammocks on the side for an afternoon nap after lunch. The service was kind and polite. Felt like a mom and pop shop run by a family. Loved it, worth a stop on your way to Tulum

Reviewed 17 May 2014

You definitely have to try this place ... Everything is wonderful. Ate here 4 times during our 14 day trip...Oma the cat is such a treat...
And try all the deserts. Outstanding.

Only con are the Mosquitos .... Bring strong bug spray...

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I recently visited Oscar & Lalo and I got to say that this is a wonderful option if you're on your way to Tulum and would like to have a tasty meal in a relaxed environment. The natural atmosphere of the entire place is exquisite and all of our dishes were very colorful, healthy and yummy! I was there with two friends and we all had a great time and we even feel asleep for five minutes (after our meal) in the hammocks near our table. The staff is very detailed oriented and the owners even stopped by our table to say hello. One of my friend's accidentally left his wallet in the restaurant and we came back for it after like and hour or so and the wallet was safely waiting for us, so that was another great sign for us. Overall 100% recommend if you're visiting this part of Mexico!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My friends and I were at this resturant recommended to us by a friend. Its also used for the tour group lunches if you book an adventure tour of centotes etc.
But we went there at night, 7 pm and were the only ones there. That tells you something. Its on the highway, no town, or beach front.
All the entrees came out almost cold, we had to send them all back. We were the only ones there, and they cant bring out hot food? The ceviche was good but my friend had the snapper vericrusano and others tried it. They were all sick the next day. No excuse for that....