“Peace.”
Review of Hotel Jashita

Hotel Jashita
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Soliman Bay
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My family and I stayed at Jashita and it was heaven on earth. My husband, I and our 3 overly active girls enjoyed the beautiful bay for snorkeling, kayaking and stand up paddle boarding. The rooms were beautifully decorated and homey. We ate in the hotel restaurant which was top notch. I fell in love with the gnocchi! so i ate it 2 days in a row. The grounds, the beach, the rooms, the restaurant everything just made me feel at Peace. With 3 girls running around that is a tremendous feat. But with the amazing view from my suite, the stars in the sky and not a sound other than the wind it does not get any better than this. I was also impressed how the service was so attentive to all our needs. I give jashita an A+

Room Tip: The nefertite suite where we stayed was extremely private, a private sundeck on an upperlevel as wel...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Stacey G

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Jashita. We were pleased to find out on arrival that our rooms had been upgraded. The rooms were pristine and beautiful and extremely quiet. The A/C was cool and delightful. We had a large balcony with a soaking tub, which was very private. Amenities included plentiful bottled water, a small refrigerator stocked with beer and soft drinks (for a small charge) and tv with stations in both English and Spanish. Breakfasts are made to order, excellent and included in the room charge. Breakfasts consist of coffee, choice of juice, selection of fruit, yogurt, granola and fresh rolls as well as a choice of egg dishes and bacon. Dinner at the restaurant was delicious. I highly recommend the lobster dishes. Note that all dining is open air, so insect repellant is helpful. All the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. We really enjoyed our boat ride with Juan. Though we had no luck with fishing (it was off season), we had fun snorkeling and seeing the Tulum ruins from the water. I hope to go back soon and would love to stay at Jashita again.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Aggiemom2015
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed here for a romantic couple holiday and it was utterly perfect. The rooms are lovely & the views of the bay beyond belief. It's one of those views you want to dream of when you go to sleep. We often had the beach and the whole bay to ourselves. The bay is very secluded and safe, with lapping waves, not crashing ones. The staff could not have been more helpful. The food in the restaurant is good, but safe and the menu didn't change over the 10 days we were there. There was some building work going on when we were there, but the owner was very concerned about it affecting us & made a point of coming to speak to us to apologise for any disruption & gave us a very expensive bottle of wine for us to drink while we were there. The breakfast was awesome. If you go, try the Chi juice for breakfast - health in a glass. If you want romance in a spectacular location, you'll go a long way to beat Jashita.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kate f
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed here and at Tulum Beach on our latest trip and Jashita was by far the better option!! The bay is pristine for swimming and water sports, the hotel is of the highest standard (with the luxury of air conditioning and fresh water for showers that you don't get in Tulum) and the fabulous pool and restaurant and beach lounges meant we were left wanting nothing more!! This is paradise on earth. Even with kids, we felt like we were on a romantic secluded getaway. My favourite destination on the planet.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Rosiejacobs
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My family and I stopped in here for a night while exploring the rest of the Riviera Maya. All I can say is that I wish we had known about this place sooner because we would have stayed here the entire time. There was really bad weather, lots of rain and wind most of the week we were in the Riviera Maya but because this place is in a bay, it's protected from a lot of the wind. So that meant the waves were calm and you could actually see things while snorkeling around. They've even added a perfect little floating bed about 100 feet out called "Bora Bora". The hotel itself is perfect. Lots of open air, comfortable beds, wonderful showers, and our unit had a large balcony where our 2 year old could play. The property itself is kept really clean. We were there the day after lots of rains and you couldn't tell from how clean everything was. The staff was wonderful as well, especially Roxy who made sure we had everything we needed during our stay. Best service we had on our vacation by far. All in all I would recommend this place to couples or small families but on the other hand I want to keep this place a secret!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank aseideman
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Such a great spot, we will be traveling back there soon! Food, staff, accommodations and the property were all perfect! The bay is amazing, calm, warm water with lots of sea life! Only thing we would suggest is to rent a car to get around since Jashita is on a different bay from Tulum beach. But, taxis are readily available and the staff is more than happy to help you book a taxi or excursions anywhere! Great place!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nerual55
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Jashita is a beautiful oasis of calm set on a lovely quiet bay. The receptionist very kindly upgraded us to a suite as they had one available - this was wonderful with its own plunge pool on the balcony, overlooking the sea. The food and cocktails were excellent - huge delicious prawns and wonderful fresh fish from the bbq on one night. We saw the fish being brought in from the boat by Tommaso the owner himself, and it was on our plates within just a few hours!
The small pool is lovely, as is the beach, which has hammocks and sun loungers. Lots of space to relax near the beach in the shade. They also have lots to do - sea kayaking and snorkelling is included and the snorkelling equipment was of excellent quality with mini-fins for the shallow reef.
I would 100% recommend Jashita and very much hope I'll be back one day.

Room Tip: The suites overlooking the sea are lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
#10 of 98 in Tulum
Alaya Tulum
Alaya Tulum
#3 of 98 in Tulum

Been to Hotel Jashita? Share your experiences!