“We loved the hotel and staff”
Review of Hotel Jashita

Hotel Jashita
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Soliman Bay
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed in october two weeks at Jashita hotel. We loved it from the first till the last day!

After a nice welcome with cocktail we got a nice upgrade from the owner to a very nice room with great balcony. Every morning we enjoyed the (sea)view and breakfast from the deck. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The owner gave us tips on snorkling, sigh-seeing and the boattrip from just in front of the hotel to the Maya ruins at Tulum. We saw a lot of different sea life during this boat trip.

We stayed in a low season period and enjoyed the calm environment. At night we had dinner a couple of times at the Sahara cafe and loved the food (fish, mexican, Italian) and wine. During our stay we had a car, something we recommend, so we drive to Tulum (beach) and other sights. After two weeks we can fully recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 October 2013

My family and I stayed in Jashita the first week of July, despite the bad weather we had a wonderful time. The staff very courteous and helpful, the resort overall is very luring. Certainly I recommend Jashita to every friend and to whom ever reads this review.
Maria S

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Artnigma
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had the most relaxing vacation at Jashita in Tulum. We spent 7 nights here in January which was a perfect time of year to visit and for us to escape a Chicago winter. The property is a true escape. It's very secluded and quiet. The beaches are pristine, as they are cleaned of any debris by the Jashita staff daily. It's located in a cove protected by a reef so the water is always calm and swimmable. The rooms are amazing. We booked the Nefertiti suite and were upgraded to the Aphrodite the second night which was gorgeous. The weather was so nice in January that we were able to sleep with the doors open and the sound of the waves every night. The restaurant was so delicious that we ate most of our meals there. We just loved the property so much that we were perfectly happy spending every moment of our trip there. If you want to try something different Tulum is a great little beach town with lots of great restaurants and shopping. We actually ended up choosing Tulum because it was a top Zagat rated winter foodie escape. However, once we arrived at this magical property, we threw the foodie exploration out the window and truly emerged ourselves in the relaxing escape that is Jashita. I can't say enough good things about this place. It is truly a dream come true. I'm hoping that it will be an annual escape for us.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roslynreynolds
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I were referred to this hotel by BeTulum and I am so grateful that they did. We only stayed one night, and wish we could have stayed longer. The whole hotel staff was super friendly and catered to all your needs. Just what we needed while on our honeymoon
Our Hotel room was amazing! Large king bed, private patio with plunge pool and lounge chairs. AC worked excellent too! The hotel is located on Soliman Bay which is very secluded. Our favorite part about the bay was the floating dock that we would swim or kayak too.
The food was outstanding! Service was spot on! We are looking forward to returning next year! Out of the 3 places we stayed during our honeymoon this was by far the best!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leeza16
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My family and I stayed at Jashita and it was heaven on earth. My husband, I and our 3 overly active girls enjoyed the beautiful bay for snorkeling, kayaking and stand up paddle boarding. The rooms were beautifully decorated and homey. We ate in the hotel restaurant which was top notch. I fell in love with the gnocchi! so i ate it 2 days in a row. The grounds, the beach, the rooms, the restaurant everything just made me feel at Peace. With 3 girls running around that is a tremendous feat. But with the amazing view from my suite, the stars in the sky and not a sound other than the wind it does not get any better than this. I was also impressed how the service was so attentive to all our needs. I give jashita an A+

Room Tip: The nefertite suite where we stayed was extremely private, a private sundeck on an upperlevel as wel...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Stacey G
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Jashita. We were pleased to find out on arrival that our rooms had been upgraded. The rooms were pristine and beautiful and extremely quiet. The A/C was cool and delightful. We had a large balcony with a soaking tub, which was very private. Amenities included plentiful bottled water, a small refrigerator stocked with beer and soft drinks (for a small charge) and tv with stations in both English and Spanish. Breakfasts are made to order, excellent and included in the room charge. Breakfasts consist of coffee, choice of juice, selection of fruit, yogurt, granola and fresh rolls as well as a choice of egg dishes and bacon. Dinner at the restaurant was delicious. I highly recommend the lobster dishes. Note that all dining is open air, so insect repellant is helpful. All the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. We really enjoyed our boat ride with Juan. Though we had no luck with fishing (it was off season), we had fun snorkeling and seeing the Tulum ruins from the water. I hope to go back soon and would love to stay at Jashita again.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Aggiemom2015
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed here for a romantic couple holiday and it was utterly perfect. The rooms are lovely & the views of the bay beyond belief. It's one of those views you want to dream of when you go to sleep. We often had the beach and the whole bay to ourselves. The bay is very secluded and safe, with lapping waves, not crashing ones. The staff could not have been more helpful. The food in the restaurant is good, but safe and the menu didn't change over the 10 days we were there. There was some building work going on when we were there, but the owner was very concerned about it affecting us & made a point of coming to speak to us to apologise for any disruption & gave us a very expensive bottle of wine for us to drink while we were there. The breakfast was awesome. If you go, try the Chi juice for breakfast - health in a glass. If you want romance in a spectacular location, you'll go a long way to beat Jashita.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
#11 of 98 in Tulum
Alaya Tulum
Alaya Tulum
#3 of 98 in Tulum

Been to Hotel Jashita? Share your experiences!