Hotel Jashita
Blue Sky Tulum(Soliman Bay)(Great Value!)
US$167
  • Breakfast included
US$134
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Jungle Secrets Riviera Maya(Chemuyil)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$39
US$38
Mestizo Gallery(Tulum)(Great Value!)
US$78
All reviewsplunge poolluxury boutique hotelsolomon bayprotected baytulum beachwaterfront suitefish carpacciosahara cafecoral reefprivate villahoneymoon suitehotel restauranthuevos rancherosget away from it allcolorful fishevery guestsnorkel equipment
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have returned to Jashita every year for the past 3 years. I cannot visit the Mayan Riviera or Tulum without a stop here. Tommaso and his team are fantastic hosts - you will feel at home the minute you arrive and will not want for anything while there. The food is great - from mexican to italian and fresh fish. If you're looking for luxury, relaxation and unspoiled nature all in one, you will not find a better place (at least, I haven't).

Pros - Great snorkeling right off the beach, excellent service, fantastic and comfortable rooms, very well designed, privacy is great as it's a small hotel. Perfect for honeymooners and couples
Cons - If you're looking to be in the "heart of it all" with a lot of nightlife, restaurants, etc this isn't the right place. But these are all an easy cab ride away to Playa or the restaurants on Tulum beach

One of the best hotel experiences I've had, and I've been to many.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Incredible...such a treat to stay at Jashita! The location was so peaceful and beautiful and the staff were amazing. We arrived early soaked in sweat from touring the Tulum ruins and they had our room ready 3 hours early. They provided the best view for the suite we booked because they were not full. We loved it!!

Room Tip: We stay in room 12 and it had a great view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aHirzel
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had a great experience staying with my wife here for 5 days. The location on the bay was beautiful and we could not have asked for friendlier staff and amenities. The breakfast was also incredible.

Although Jashita was the relaxing retreat that my wife and I were searching for, there are a couple of points that potential visitors need to be aware of:

1) Soliman bay is the not the typical expansive sandy beach with waves that many Americans idealize. It is subdued and more private. Perfect for water sports like canoeing and snorkling. (equiptment provided free of charge). This comes down to personal preference.

2) The restaurant/bar area is pretty dead at night. Plan on going into Tulum for nightlife and dinner. I highly recommend renting a car and exploring Tulum and the surrounding area. I think that we would have gone a little stir crazy had we not had a car. We had a rental car that was perfect for exploring Tulum, local beaches, the cenotes and the ruins.

Overall Jashita is a great choice for both relaxation and is a great location for exploring the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank brian S
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was the best vacation our family has ever had and it is mostly due to the amazing staff at Jashita. Brenda, the concierge, was an angel. Her inviting smile, when we arrived saturday night completely exhausted, was a breeze of fresh air and a promise of a great stay. Miguel, Jorge, Luis and all the restaurant waiters were super efficient and friendly. The breakfast, which was included, was out of this world and would keep us satisfied until dinner. Tea time at their "zen" room was a great way to mingle with other guests, share our experiences and get ideas for our daily excursions. There are a million tours you can choose from but we decided to rent a car and do it all on our own. It was way cheaper and we did everything for visiting the ruins, swimming at the "cenotes", going to Tulum for dinner and diving with the turtles. All that you can find within a 5 mile radius.
We highly recommend visiting Jashita.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Flavia B
Reviewed 21 May 2014

THE HIGHLIGHT OF OUR MEXICAN ADVENTURE

As a young couple we deliberated whether or not to book a five-night stay at Jashita during our two-week vacation on the Peninsula due to concerns regarding budget, in hindsight we would do it again in a heartbeat.

After staying in an extremely basic, yet equally relaxing, Eco Cabana in Tulum we arrived at Jashita excited to sample some of the luxuries we had been looking forward to since booking. Upon checking into 3B, a “standard” room by definition, we were extremely impressed by the finish and Moroccan themed bathroom equipped with a waterfall shower. After taking a brief moment to take in the room we set upon the neatly presented Ferrero Rocher’s left on the enormous bed, it had been far too long since we had chocolate and we wasted no time in doing so. Feeling satisfied, we read through the welcome brochure and, being the overgrown kid I am, got excited at the prospect and mention of stingrays and sea turtles visiting the bay.

This mere mention meant it was time to pack the complimentary snorkel gear into the beach bag and head down to the bay. With my GoPro in tow it didn’t take long before I saw the unmistakable silhouette of a lone sea turtle in all its grace gliding through the Caribbean water. Whilst I snorkeled twice daily the sighting of a turtle was not guaranteed and only elevated this experience in my opinion. To make life even sweeter, Jashita provides paddleboards and kayaks, which are free of charge for residents.

Having settled into paradise we visited reception only to be informed we were being upgraded to an oceanfront suite courtesy of the hotel for the rest of our stay. Surprised and extremely grateful I stumbled back to the room with a sense of excitement for at this point, my girlfriend was yet to hear the news. We were escorted to room no.21 and as soon as the door opened we were gifted with the most picturesque view of the Caribbean Sea and to top it all off we had our own hammock to admire it from. It was a dream come true, and totally made our trip.

Our negative preconceptions regarding included meals were certainly misconceptions as Jashita’s morning offering was outstanding. The first time we were presented the menu we naively presumed we could only choose one item from the breakfast menu, needless to say it was a huge surprise when it dawned on us that we could in fact have as little or, in my case, as much as we wanted. Every morning we looked forward to waking up croissants, breads, fresh juice, fresh fruit and eggs cooked in a multitude of ways, it was the perfect way to start the day! Dinner was equally as delicious and the pasta dishes were amongst some of our favorites.

Having stayed in Tulum for 5 nights prior to arriving at Jashita I can understand why some of the reviews mention the location as the hotel does sit relatively alone on the coast and a taxi or car is required to visit nearby Tulum, Akumal, Yal Ku, Dos Ojos etc. We actually enjoyed the fact we were a little isolated and enjoyed taking life a little slower and finding time to finish books we’ve been meaning to read. Jashita works closely with Hertz based in Tulum so a car can be rented extremely easily and its delivered to the hotel reception, we opted for an economy car for 24 hours and it was reasonably inexpensive at £27GBP.

Above all, we would like to personally thank the staff at Jashita, from the moment we arrived it was apparent we were in good hands. In particular we would like to thank Abigail, Laura and Brenda at reception for being extremely polite, welcoming and extremely helpful and also Martin and Luis within the restaurant for always being upbeat and conversational.

The attention to detail and cleanliness within the hotel such as the complimentary snorkeling gear, beach bags and purified water to name a few really made our stay memorable and worthy of a positive review. The very fact I have taken the time to write this review should give you an indication of just how much we enjoyed our stay for this is certainly the first I have first inclined to publish…

See you in 2015!

Room Tip: Throughout our stay we stayed in 3B, 3A and 21. In terms of layout and design 3B (Standard) was actually my favourite as its bathroom was beautifully tiled and tastefully Moroccan in theme. Room 21 (Ocean Front) was also beautiful due to its view over the palms and bay.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple