Super clean and comfortable room. Made service was excellent. They made a little bambino for my pregnant wife out of towels. Nice personal touch. The view is nice...the glass doors open to the pool area and the beach can be seen somewhat from the bed.
The beach has a fairly narrow sand strip that gives way to a rocky bottom. Not great for floating... but some decent snorkeling can be found not too far out.
The restaurant is overrated. The beach side of Tulum has lots to offer in good to very good food. This was pretty flat compared to many others. The pizza seems to be the draw...but there are several wood fired pizza ovens pull off the ubiquitous Neapolitan style better..despite the manager's provenance.
About Tony (the manager): I don't trust him. Several attempts to overcharge. Fortunately I was able to limit the amount interaction on this trip...but I WOULD NOT STAY AGAIN because of my experience with him.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With ten air conditioned rooms, pool and lots of sand and blue water, this cozy little beach hotel could be the antidote for your urban anxiety. The Blue Sky hotel is located in tranquil Tankah Mexico on the Riviera Maya coast, roughly 70 miles south down the coastal highway from Cancun. If you are looking for a place to kick back and relax away from the crowds, and still not sacrifice your creature comforts, this is an excellent choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Sky Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Sky Yucatan Peninsula
- Hotel Blue Sky
- Blue Sky Tulum Mexico/Soliman Bay