I stayed at Blue Sky from July 6 - July 11. For the last 3 days of our stay my husband and I were the only two guests at the hotel. This hotel is private and quiet. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. We could open up our patio doors and were literally steps from the beach. The restaurant at the hotel makes excellent food. Really delicious pizzas and pastas. The fish tacos and the octopus and shrimp dishes were fantastic as well. I want to emphasize how wonderful the staff there are. Specifically Efrain, Luis and Wilber. They work at the restaurant and greet the guests. The owner has made an excellent decision in hiring these brothers. They really care and it shows. The general manager, Joel, on the other hand may have been hired through nepotism. He was only interested in hanging out with his girlfriend and couldn't even greet my husband and I. We saw him across the street at the cenote and he avoided eye contact with us and did not say hello and we were the only guests of the hotel! One day there were many ants in the bathroom and my husband told the manager and his response was "well, did you leave food out?" We didn't. But he tried to imply that it was our fault! The housekeeper, (whose name i don't remember) explained that they were coming through the mirror/exterior wall and cleaned them up immediately.
I would only return if Efrain, Luis and Wilber were still employed at Blue Sky. I wouldn't travel to this hotel with children because the beach isn't great. There is garbage adjacent to the property. There is a lot of seaweed and rocks in the water and it is very rocky and murky. The swimming pool is tiny. Also it is essential to rent a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With ten air conditioned rooms, pool and lots of sand and blue water, this cozy little beach hotel could be the antidote for your urban anxiety. The Blue Sky hotel is located in tranquil Tankah Mexico on the Riviera Maya coast, roughly 70 miles south down the coastal highway from Cancun. If you are looking for a place to kick back and relax away from the crowds, and still not sacrifice your creature comforts, this is an excellent choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Sky Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Sky Yucatan Peninsula
- Hotel Blue Sky
- Blue Sky Tulum Mexico/Soliman Bay