“Quiet environment, terrific food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Sky Tulum

Blue Sky Tulum
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Soliman Bay
Toronto
“Quiet environment, terrific food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at Blue Sky from July 6 - July 11. For the last 3 days of our stay my husband and I were the only two guests at the hotel. This hotel is private and quiet. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. We could open up our patio doors and were literally steps from the beach. The restaurant at the hotel makes excellent food. Really delicious pizzas and pastas. The fish tacos and the octopus and shrimp dishes were fantastic as well. I want to emphasize how wonderful the staff there are. Specifically Efrain, Luis and Wilber. They work at the restaurant and greet the guests. The owner has made an excellent decision in hiring these brothers. They really care and it shows. The general manager, Joel, on the other hand may have been hired through nepotism. He was only interested in hanging out with his girlfriend and couldn't even greet my husband and I. We saw him across the street at the cenote and he avoided eye contact with us and did not say hello and we were the only guests of the hotel! One day there were many ants in the bathroom and my husband told the manager and his response was "well, did you leave food out?" We didn't. But he tried to imply that it was our fault! The housekeeper, (whose name i don't remember) explained that they were coming through the mirror/exterior wall and cleaned them up immediately.
I would only return if Efrain, Luis and Wilber were still employed at Blue Sky. I wouldn't travel to this hotel with children because the beach isn't great. There is garbage adjacent to the property. There is a lot of seaweed and rocks in the water and it is very rocky and murky. The swimming pool is tiny. Also it is essential to rent a car.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FinnishflashToronto
Joel P, Manager at Blue Sky Tulum, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Many thanks for staying with us at Blue Sky Hotel and for leaving your comments with us.
We always find this very helpful and truly appreciate it.
We are very happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Blue Sky Hotel.
Each and every single day we are trying to make improvements to make our guests feel "home away from home".
One of our highest priorities is to work with fresh and local ingredients, which gives our restaurant it's special touch.
Thanks to great team work, we are happy to serve our guests every single day freshly prepared meals.
With regards to my position as the General Manager, I want to offer you my apologies for making you feel uncomfortable and thinking that I was not paying attention to you.
This most certainly was not my intention.
I indeed had a friend over during that same time period. As she lives in the United States, we have not seen each other in a while and I was very happy that I could show her where I work and that I could spend my day off with her.
If I gave you the impression that I might have ignored you, I want to apologize. This for sure was not on purpose and it might have happened even when I did not realize it.
Due to my position I have to arrange a lot of things in and around the hotel. This might explain why I was not in the hotel all the time, but as we have a great team that I personally hand pick and hired myself that we can rely on, we always know that our guests are in good hands.
Many thanks for staying with us and we hope to be able to welcome you again here in our little slice of paradise.
Kindest regards,
Joel Peraza De Pau
Blue Sky Hotel

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bokeelia, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We loved staying here. Often talk of returning. It is on our bucket list. We loved the quiet mornings for breakfast as well as the low key activity throughout the whole place. We were away from all the tourist traffic. Their food was very good and the restaurants near by had great selections as well. We could walk a few steps from our room to the beach. There was hardly any competition for chairs, table & palapa.
If you are looking for a place to unwind, this is it. Staff are very friendly & helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Florence R
Buntingford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just returned from 11 nights with Blue Sky and can't recommend it enough. The staff are very welcoming and friendly, the rooms so clean and well equipped. I understand it has recently been refirbished and it shows, high quality fixtures and fittings which I didn't expect. Food is great, wood fired oven for freshly baked pizza and serve both traditional and Italian dishes. A boutique hotel in Tulum would cost you 2-3 times as much, avouid the crowds and stay here, you won't regret it. DO NOT STAY anywhere else in this area (see review re Casa Cenote).

Room Tip: ground floor rooms have great access to the beach and pool but 1st floor rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrandMrsCraddock
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I just enjoyed a fantastic stay at Blue Sky! The staff was exceptional and the rooms could not have been more comfortable. We enjoyed walks on the beach, a visit to the Tulum ruins, snorkeling, swimming in the pool, and relaxing on the property! We enjoyed delicious food at Blue Sky-- wonderful breakfasts each morning and fantastic wood fired pizza and a pasta also!
Words cannot really express what a delightful stay we had...we will definitely return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mongoose10
Playa del Carmen, México
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I just spent a weekend at Blue Sky. There are no words to express the beauty of this place.
I had big expectations and trust me...this place exceeded them in all matters.
The food, the service, the ocean view from my bed! It was just incredible!
They have Molton Brown amenities...they also offer a complimentary minibar with sodas, water and Coronas.
The rooms are spacious, clean, with amazing views of the sea. WiFi is free in rooms and in all hotels areas.
And we were informed that the Dock they have is brand new....we have dinner on it and it could not be better!
I recomend Blue Sky Tulum to couples and people whom enjoys peace along with great service.

Room Tip: Get the lower room with the sofa bed. You will walk out of your room directly to the sand and the oc...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank karinadsayed
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Initially we were a bit concerned about being 5km North of Tulum, thinking we'd be in the middle of nowhere, but the location proved to be even better. The pool and beach are just meters from your private patio, where you can kayak out to the reef to snorkel. Just across the road is a cenote of the clearest greens and turquoises imaginable. Be sure to swim, or kayak, its full distance!
Although the hotel is even more beautiful than its photos show, we won't be back for its location or fabulous amenities. We'll be back for the outstanding service and unrivaled cuisine. They blew us away!
Don't look any further, you've found your own personal paradise in Blue Sky!

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank cozmica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I found this place while swimming in the cenote manati. The sign outside said brick oven pizza so we thought we'd give it a try. We had margaritas both regular and mango, the house pizza which has avocado, shrimp and tomato and fish tacos. All were amazing! We ate on the beach and the view was breathtaking. The service was great and the hotel is adorable. I hope we get the chance to stay there.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
#36 of 93 in Tulum
Nueva Vida de Ramiro
Nueva Vida de Ramiro
#13 of 93 in Tulum

Been to Blue Sky Tulum? Share your experiences!