Nah Uxibal Villa & Casitas
Hotel Jashita(Soliman Bay)(Great Value!)
US$666
US$617
Blue Sky Tulum(Soliman Bay)(Great Value!)
US$149
  • Breakfast included
US$145
US$134
  • Beachfront
Jungle Secrets Riviera Maya(Chemuyil)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$57
US$255
US$199
US$222
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewsthe main housepalapa roofcevichetv dvdpunta lagunaschools of fishconstant breezesnack shackslice of paradisefelt like homegreat snorkelinglife jacketsbring earplugshome away from homeeaten alivesnorkeling gearoutdoor shower
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We rented the main villa at the beginning of May for 5 days with our good friends from Washington D.C. The only negative that I can think of was that we didn't stay long enough. This was the most tranquil 5 days I can remember. Everything that we needed was right there in the condo. We ordered groceries that were delivered prior to our arrival. The villa has all the comforts of home. We all like to cook, and the kitchen has everything you need. The caretakers were terrific, and Victoria cooked us up a delicious dinner for our final night. The reefs are well preserved, and snorkeling is foot steps away. No need to go on a tour boat with the masses! The owners did a great job with detailed instructions for planning our trip. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights at Nah Uxibal, and we pretty much had the place to ourselves. It was very quiet and relaxing. Jeannette was wonderful and helped us out with directions and recommendations. We cooked quite a bit too, and the amenities were more than enough. There is no a/c in the units, but the ocean breeze kept it plenty cool. If you absolutely need a/c to feel comfortable, then this place might not be for you. Otherwise I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We spent a week at Nah in the main house suite. My husband and I have an 8-year-old son and we traveled with another couple who have 2 sons a little younger than that. The accomodations were perfect for us. Two masters with baths and balconies at opposite ends of the suite, a roomy common area in between, and then a large loft with futons and a TV for the boys. And we actually spent most of our time on the common area balcony/terrace. You could have a party for at least 15 folks on that thing!

We made breakfast daily and some lunches on site. Great way to save $$$. There were quite a bit of condiments and such left behind by former guests. Speaking of food, I definitely recommend Chamico's in a shack down the beach. Amazing ceviche. You can bring your own beer too. We ate there twice. Had dinner at Sahara Cafe at the Jashita Hotel at the other end of the bay and that was nice. But the BEST was having Victoria make dinner for us our last night. It was an insane amount of food -- guac, rice, chicken tamales, grilled grouper, and ceviche. For 7 people it cost about $70. She even decorated our table and did the dishes. Another shout-out to their daughter, Ariceli (sp?). She babysat for us for 4 nights of our stay so the adults could go out to dinner. And we paid her double what she requested because her quote was so low.

People have complained about the sea grass at the beach but it didn't bother us at all. There was some great snorkeling farther out into the bay. There aren't really waves on the beach (unlike the beaches at Tulum) but I actually liked that because I was less worried about the kids. Made snorkeling and kayaking much easier too. There are plenty of hammocks and beach chairs. There are very few people on the beach so if you like a lot of action and people watching, this might not be for you. The boys really liked the pool but you should know it's small and surrounded by trees and plants.

As far as I know, there is no air conditioning. Maybe I'm wrong. The breeze (more like wind!) off the bay was more than sufficient to keep everything lovely. We slept with the windows open and the wind would literally blow your hair around while you're laying in bed. The day we were leaving, however, there was hardly any breeze and we just about died while packing up. One of the only things I could complain about is low water pressure in the shower. But seriously? If you need a promise of good water pressure then stay at a Ritz, you know?

Room Tip: Jeannette, the owner, did a great job of guiding us as to which part of Nah was the best fit for our group. I communicated with her via email and she was super responsive to my endless questions!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Beaner32
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed at Nah Uxibal (Mayan for "house of good energy or spirits") for the eighth time this March (2013). Nah Uxibal, simply put, is perhaps the most serene, peaceful and soul restoring place that I have ever been to. However, if you want loud music and crowds of people, please don't come to Nah Uxibal. If you want to bring in a Mariachi band to serenade, however, that can be arranged in Tulum.

Nah Uxibal is on Soliman Bay, which is about 115 Km south of Cancun. The bay is protected by a coral reef and has about 3 Km of pristine sand. On a busy day there might be 15 to 20 people, in total, spread along that beach. The bay has perhaps 10 species of coral and 40 species of colorful tropical fish, including sea turtles and eagle rays. The water is clear and warm. The snorkeling is superb, with the coral is only about 50 meters from shore in about 1.5 meters of depth.

The sand in front of Nah Uxibal is raked by Javier every morning, is always clean and there are always free sun cots. There are two-person kayaks always available and paddling in the bay is easy and ever so peaceful.

We have stayed in the studio, the casita and the mainhouse. All are superbly comfortable, very well designed (by Jeanette and Skip the owners) and are well appointed and finished. The beds and other furnishings are all very comfortable, with each unit having a well appointed kitchen or kitchenette with all modern appliances. Javier and Victoria make up the units each day, leaving them shining clean. They always have a smile and are always willing to help.

Shopping, in Tulum and Akumel, for groceries, wine, and spirits is comparable to that in Canada or the US, except the limes and avacados are much better and fresher. There are also two eating spots on Soliman Bay, a third about 1 Km away and many dozens of other great dining spots in Tulum and Akumel, which are each less than 15 Km away. You can also arrange for Victoria to prepare a typical Mexican dinner for you in your own unit.

For those who wish to adventure away from Soliman Bay for a day or part day, there are many Mayan ruins to explore, including the well known sites at Tulum, Coba and Chichen Itza, and lesser known sites, like Ek Balaam and Muyil (which is only about 30 Km away and always free of crowds). Also, there are commercialized adventure parks like Xcarat and Xel Ha and non-commercialized sites such as Dos Oyos (for cave swimming) and the caves at Aktun Chen. There are also eco-adventure tours nearby, such as bird watching and mangrove boats.

Soliman Bay is isolated, secure and safe with its own security patrol. It is thousands of kilometers or miles from the border-town drug wars, and the media-created image of drug violence of Mexico is completely irrelevant and inappropriate to apply to Soliman Bay.

In short, Nah Uxibal is paradise, with extremely comfortable accommodations, excellent hosts, good dining, historical and eco adventure sites nearby, and is immersed in sun, sea, sand, peace and tranquility.

Room Tip: For couples - a romantic Studio or Casita. For larger groups, the main house or the new house.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jamsamottawa
Reviewed 21 February 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to stay at Nah Uxibal for our honeymoon for two weeks. It was the experience of a lifetime. The property itself is located on a beautiful secluded bay and the only place to get in the water when the waves were raging off beach road like they were off and on during our stay. Javier greeted us as we arrived and showed us to our accommodations, or what we call home away from home now ;) After getting settled in we spent days lying around on the raked and well maintained beach, we couldn't pull ourselves away! We stayed in Ik and I'm telling you the space was bigger than half of my friends New York City apartments. We stocked the refrigerator, bought a few spirits, and anchored ourselves in paradise. Nah Uxibal is conveniently situated right in between Akumal and Tulum which made it very easy for us whenever we managed to venture out of our little heaven for adventure, food, shopping, or sight seeing.
HAVE VICTORIA'S CEVICHE... we had her prepare a dinner for us and it was by far the best food we had the whole trip- we started trying to talk her into opening her own restaurant- she's not having it ;) The hospitality they both showed us was excellent, and refreshingly so sincere... we felt like family.
If you're debating on wether or not to stay here, lemme help you... DO IT! You will thank me later, and when you do thank me later tell me if Mimi asked about me!! (You'll meet Mimi)

Room Tip: Casitas are great for couples, I wouldn't recommend it if you're travel with more unless it's a young one you wanna keep on eye on (they have a futon)... the main house is beautiful and the studios are great... if you wanna wake up with a view of the water from your bed, get a casita!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple