“Enjoyable and beautiful”

Labna-Ha Magic Mayan World
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My wife and I went to Labna Ha in February, 2012. We had e-mailed Pep ahead of time and he give us an idea of what to expect. When we arrived, he personally explained everything about the area and drove us to the Mayan village. After that, our guide took us on a 5 min. walk to the entrance of the cenote. We descended into the cenote and the guide spent about 20 to 30 min. taking us around and explaining things. After that, he said we could stay in the cenote as long as we wanted and he left us to explore. We have the whole case to ourselves for about 20 min. until some other people arrived. Was a very enjoyable time and I would recommend to anybody looking for a trip to a cenote.

3  Thank obfish
There are newer reviews for Labna-Ha Magic Mayan World

Reviewed 28 March 2011

We just got back from the Tulum area last week and found many changes since we were last there 7 years ago, with massive theme parks/ all-inclusives and large areas of jungle being sold off. We wanted to avoid all that, and labnaha offered a chance to see the jungle and cenotes that haven't yet been spoilt. Our family was the only one on the tour, and as everyone else describes, there is a longish van-ride to the cenotes through jungle, and a fun zip-line into a dry cave, that we were able to do several times each. The highlight for us was the snorkelling in the cenote and along the underground river- just us, 4 guides and a flashlight through beautiful cave formations. At the end of the tour, the guides left us for about 20 minutes to swim and explore alone in the cenote, which the kids thought was magical, and I doubt an experience you could ever have elsewhere. We ended up buying the photo CD that they offered at the end- which I was a bit reluctant about at the time, but now that we are home, it is nice to have and has some great pictures of the whole adventure. One suggestion would be to let them know at the start of the trip if you don't want pictures, as we felt a bit obliged to buy after they had been taking pictures of us the whole trip.
The guides were friendly and funny and added to the whole experience- it was about 3 hours total. Our kids are 16, 14 and 9- the 9 year old loved it, but was a bit scared by the swim through the low caves following the river, and he is used to all sorts of outdoor-type adventures, so kids much younger than 8 or 9, or with little 'adventure'-type experience might find this challenging.

8  Thank BigLakeGavin
Reviewed 2 March 2011

We decided at the last minute to pass Hidden Worlds by and check out Labna Ha. I am so glad we did! This place is fantastic. The zip line was killer, the dry cave just beatiful and the cenote was beyond belief. We had visited about a half dozen other cenotes and while they were all cool, nothing compared to Labna Ha. Pepe and Rafa took great care of us, exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable, and you could tell right away this was not just a place to work for them. We will be back! Gracias Pepe and Rafa, nos vemos el proximo ano.

1  Thank Elchilango07
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Our day at Labna-Ha Magic Mayan World was such a great experience - we had only read about more tourist parks in the area like Xcaret and Xplore (which I'm sure are very fun, too). But we decided to go out on a limb and book a day at Labna-Ha, and it was GREAT!! My boyfriend and I were completely alone with two guides - four people total. We did a zip line going into a cave which was awesome, and since it was such a personal tour, we did it three times as our guides were in no hurry to get us moving. Then we went into a dry cave, and finally into a beautiful cenote which was definitely the highlight of our day. It was so quiet, and our guides ended up taking us swimming through the cave where we had to duck our heads and crawl through the nooks and crannies - it made it seem more personal and adventerous than any old park that every other tourist goes to. One of our guides also had a camera the whole time, so if you're worried about taking your camera into the water, they will document the day and sell you the pictures at the end. Overall I would describe the experience as laid-back, very personal, adventerous, entertaining, and GREAT! I would chose this park any day before a tourist dense location. If you decide to go, our tour guides were named Erick and Rafa - I reccomend requesting these two guys, they were hilarious and well educated about the area, and their English was also great. Labna-Ha is the place to go!!!!

1  Thank TravelWithMe24
Reviewed 23 March 2010

Awmsome..... My hubby and I just got back fron the Yucatan..Spent one day at the Tulum ruins then on to the Labna-Ha Cenote....... Excellent.. We have never been to a cenote...And wanted to discover the beauty of one.The office is on the main road. 307. You can purchase tickets there. Then drive a rough 7-8 miles into the jungle.. I was wondering where we were going and getting a little nervious... The signs arn,t very good... But we finally arrived there.True Mayan culture.. The stairs were steep going down into the cenote but when you arrive on the platform its well worth the decend.......Jump in...its refreshing..and Beautiful..the guide took lots of pictures so we can remember it all.. The best thing about our whole vacation ...amazing !!!!! then we got harnessed up and cabled into the dry cave... Again a wonderful experience ...unforgetable........

1  Thank spottedhorse1