“we will miss you loads”

Black Firs Guesthouse
Black Firs Guesthouse
Reviewed 22 September 2013

well we both had another lovely stay at this b & b and the service we had is the best we could ever hope for , we will surely miss this place if its sold and the owners, they cant do enough to make you stay more welcoming , as for the last review I cant think what planet they are on its the best and friendliest we have ever stayed at , thanks Julie and Tracy

Room Tip: best you could ever have hoped for
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a visit to a show at the nec and one night stay at Black Firs. Excellent place to stay; everywhere is spotlessly clean, the beds are comfortable, the rooms beautiful and the breakfast delicious! Julie is so friendly and welcoming. Thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Only stayed one night, Friday 31st May 2013, passing through after a holiday down in Cornwall. Bed and breakfast in a twin room £89. Arrived rather late in the day due to traffic. Met by Julie one of the sisters who own and manage the B&B. Very pleasant lady with a lovely manner. Nothing too much trouble and not rattled by us being later than expected. The room was pleasant, overlooking the garden at the rear of the property. Not a large room but adequate for an overnight stay. The bathroom was a very small, off the bedroom en-suite, with a shower, basin and wc. Clean and comfortable. Decor a little dated and the TV could have done to be larger. Slept well. Lovely pillows. Next morning we met Tracey the other sister who made our full English breakfasts. Very nice food with all the expected little treats for breakfast. Tracey was lovely too and very chatty. Nothing too much trouble. Would I stay again? Yes, especially if I was going to the NEC Birmingham, which I understood was very close by.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Stayed a few times now doesn't disappoint. Julie the owner is so friendly and helpful points you in the right direction for restaurants in the area. Always clean great breakfast everything is so fresh. Makes for a delightful stay. Julie and Tracey make a good double team

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I stayed here for 1 night whilst attending a work even at NEC. I stayed in one of the Deluxe Double suites and it was stunning. The bedroom was beautifully decorated and all needs were catered for. As there is no on site restaurant they provide you with lots of information and recommendations of nearby places to eat for all different tastes.
The grounds are stunning, huge garden with plenty seating.
The breakfast was made fresh and had a great choice.
Julie, the owner was very helpful and friendly.
It's a 5 minute drive to the NEC and I would highly recommend to anyone who needs to stay close.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I recently exhibited at the Body Power Expo at the NEC. The organisers had a preferred list of hotels, all supposedly offering discounts to exhibitors. As I was late signing up for the expo, there were not many special offers left, so I went to the internet and typed in best guest house in Birmingham, or something similar. Black Firs came up. I liked what I saw, so I booked our 2 nights stay. I had to call the guest house a few days later because I realised that I needed to extend. I spoke to the owner, charm personified. The guest house was simply beautiful. Our room, albeit on the small side, was beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean, and had everything we needed for our stay. The grounds were immaculate, it was a shame that we didn't get a chance to chill out in the garden, the weather was awful. But Julie and her staff were so welcoming, and accommodating, they just could not do enough for us. The best guest-house/hotel experience of my entire life. Shame its not by beach, as I'd be booking my holiday there. Thank you Julie, you are an amazing lady!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2013

If on a business trip, it is nice to live close to where you have to go on business but not in the middle of the commotion especially after a whole day at the trade fair. The Black Firs Guesthouse is a beautiful family-run Bed&Breakfast, with fantastic service, wonderful breakfast, very sweet and comfortable rooms, a beautiful garden and the owners are probably some of the nicest people i have met. I highly recommend you stay here if you ever need to go to Birmingham on business, or for a couple of relaxing days. There is ample parking available. You will not regret it. Thank you for the nice stay guys, next trade fair in Birmingham we will be back;)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business