Arden House
US$86
US$181
US$166
  • Restaurant
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$100
  • Free Internet
US$107
US$84
  • Room Service
US$67
  • Pool
Travelodge Birmingham Airport(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$251
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmini barbiscuitspork sausagegood sizestayed for one nightgenting arenasoft drinksresidential estatepleasant visitfive minuteson arrivalfriendly welcometaxi farefridgehamletbirminghamnec
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

Couldn't help but notice how friendly raj was which was a nice start to my day, so after checking in I found my room had everything i needed although it was quite hot but radiators we're off, anyway opening a couple windows soon sorted that problem out but come night time I didn't leave my windows open for long due to the sound of airplanes taking off. I'd certainly use ear plugs if your a light sleeper like me.

Lack of parking was a little frustrating especially when arriving back after a day out, there's some room for cars but not many so you'll have to ditch it on the pavement.

Morning came and down i went for breakfast which was nice and quiet with a member of staff who to be honest seemed a bit quiet too or as if it was a pain she was waiting for me? Anyway i said hello and all the usual good morning gestures to recieve nothing in return, anyway, she finally spoke to me when asking what I would like to have from the menu. I asked for the full English. Unfortunately full it was not, beef sausage instead of pork and no bacon was sadly missed..

After breakfast I got back into my room and packed my stuff to checkout, quickly making sure I hadn't left anything as you do in any draws etc THEN upon looking under the bed I found two used condom wrappers and tissues which was utterly disgusting and made me wonder how the cleaners who supposedly cleaned my room before I stayed in it had missed this.. Well after that delightful sight I just got my things and left..

There's too many bad points for me to warrant staying there again!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Gregs83
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Having recently stayed at Arden house, when first arriving from the outside my thoughts where it seemed clean and friendly.

The room: a perfect size and it was very clean, however it was incredibly hot in our room and even with windows open it didnt seem to help that much, and couldnt keep them open for to long because of the noise from the airport, we found out the reason why the next day our room was sooo hot because we was next to the boiler room!

Breakfast: There was choices of yoghurts, cereals, but i did come across a very stale crossiant which wasn't very nice, I chose to have a cooked breakfast which was ok - some bacon and a pork sausage would of been nice though.

Location: i had booked tickets for an event at the NEC and the location was perfect.

When I have stayed at other hotels, yes ok you give your card as DETAILS to hold and secure the booking, what you don't expect when checking out is that they already have taken your money out of your account the day you turn up for your stay, normally you pay when you check out the hotel. I wanted to change my card option but never had the opportunity to do that as payment had already been taken....Thats very bad!!

Also, didnt get asked if everything was okay with our rooms, if we had a nice stay, to me that is very unfriendly!!!

I wouldn't rate this as a 4 star B&B.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nicandjen33
Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

Upon my arrival at Arden house it seemed clean and friendly,
I'd booked tickets to watch a concert at the NEC and the location was great - Unfortunately these are the only positive things I have to say about this B&B.
Upon entering my room i couldn't help but notice how hot it was. I turned down the radiators and opened both windows but couldn't keep them open as the noise from the airport was very very loud.
Breakfast in the morning was quiet and the table was nicely decorated.
My experience with the self service breakfast which was next to the kitchen wasn't very appealing as although there was plenty of choice, there was also plenty of stale croissants and out of date curdling apple juice. Despite now not feeling hungry I opted to have a cooked breakfast which was ok despite not having bacon or pork sausage.

All 3 members of staff i came across lacked any people skills to be honest!

Definitely not a 4 star in my opinion
Would not recommend it and definitely would not stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank CharlLois
Reviewed 1 April 2012

It's our 18th wedding anniversary we arrived at Arden house at around 5 in the evening.It was not at all what we expected we had the picture of a bigger place in our minds,we were in two minds whether to cancel our booking and go on to a bigger place as this guest house did not have a bar and my husband being a lover of beer wanted a place to stay where it wouldn't be too far from from a place to drink and not having to drive . After talking to Raj( who I have to say is a very helpful host) layed on a complimentary bar and assured us that we would love our stay at his guest house and he was right . Very comfortable accommodation and wonderful homely service . Would we stay there again? I'd have to say we definitely would I loved it and my hubby loved it too see you soon raj and our love to you and your lovely wife and children too good luck in the future xxgood restaraunt recommendations x

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed in the Othello room which was surprisingly spacious for a single! everything was clean and tidy and the staff were very freindly and helpful.
If I was being very fussy, I would say that the TV in my room needs to be on a movable bracket as it is quite difficult to see when sitting on the bed.
And, although the scottish breakfast was lovely, it would benefit from a single, quality sausage, rather than 2 cheap ones!... but I'm being very picky!
overall... excellent