“Unique, friendly and highly accessible hotel”
Review of Arden House

Arden House
Slough, United Kingdom
“Unique, friendly and highly accessible hotel”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I would thoroughly recommend staying at this hotel if you are exploring Birmingham - its a 3 minute drive and 10 minute walk from Marston Green station which takes you to Birmingham City Centre in 7 mins. I have stayed at the hotel on 3 occassions for business purposes and have been greeted and treated warmly by the owners who make it feel like a home from home rather than a BnB. They have gone over and beyond for me on several occassions, for example driving me personally to my client instead of letting me take a taxi, killing moths in my room at 2am in the night (I have a phobia) and letting me stay past check in to save me waiting around for my public transport connection home. The Shakespearean Decor is quite fancy and feels part of the building rather than just added on as a marketing tool - I hope to find a personal excuse to come to Birmingham to enjoy the surrounding area and actually relax rather than do work in the hotel!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Amrit M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mascouche, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We booked Arden House as we needed to be near the airport (7 or 8 minutes drive)and also my sons home
we were made to feel like we were at home,the staff were more than nice,infact me and my wife left like we were leaving friends and our only regret was we could not stay longer
this will definately be our choice when we return next year

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ianl777
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Before I arrived I had noticed 3 days prior that Arden house had taken the money from my credit card, even though this was a guarantee. (Felt not trusted). Although told it was in small prone on e mail when I re-looked it wasn't there.
Still not the best of starts we still went. On that night we was getting ready to go out and awaiting for a taxi. We were staying in the room above there living room and after 10mins of waiting a knock at the door, me thinking your taxi is here. Only to find are you both ok as it's a bit noisy! (Strange). We then went out to see a Motown band and on our return I said to my partner I bet there waiting up only to find as I was about to put my key in the door.....bang opens the door (weird and freaky). We then went to bed and kept quiet with TV low. In the morning we had breakfast. There was no Bacon as I think it's against there a religion. Anyway breakfast served which was ok but not the best I've had along with Stale croissants. We never got asked if we wanted white or brown bread just got given. On leaving nothing was said to ask if everything was ok. All in all it felt like they didn't want is there. One plus is the rooms are nice but at £79 there are much better. My advise not recommended by someone stay in a premiere inn.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Mojimmy
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Our first stay here for one night and on arriving was very impressed,lovely location and very smart and clean. The owner was lovely and very welcoming on arrival. Our room was very nice and the B and B is very quiet, bathroom looked good with a nice walk in shower,lots of little extras in the room like biscuits in a jar and chocolate biscuits in the fridge. However the bed was very hard and the pillows too flat and we ended up having a bad nights sleep. Then in the morning the shower was very poor with very low pressure not good! Considering the tariff for this place, I would expect better. Breakfast was very average, no bacon,they only do sausages, when my Wife asked for a poached egg which was on the menu the owner said she could not do them, another negative! Such a disappointment as the place is really nice and a great location for the NEC and events. We have stayed at better places in the area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel when working at a trade fair at the nec, it is just a normal looking house from outside but an antique style hotel in the inside, complete with proper reception with oak wood panelling. It's unexpected and quirky. The hotel is clean, the owner polite, friendly and helpful. The room was nice, the breakfast good. Couldn't recommend them more.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Richard H
uk
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed for 1 night, after reading all the previous reviews i was looking forward to staying. We turned up and it looked just like a house, inside was decorated nice. We were shown to our room and told the mini bar was free, the was a small kit kat a penguin bar and 2 packets of crisps so not that great. the tea and coffee was supplied, it seems as though it hadnt been changed in a while as all that was left was decaffinated and this was not of great quality. The pot of 'homemade biscuits' included 1 small biscuit with raisens and not very appertizing. The bed was comfy though. The breakfast in the morning was also not brill i have poached eggs on toast that we very runny. All in all it was ok but i wont be staying again as there are much better places to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed at the Arden House Hotel for just one night. The reception on arrival was very friendly without being over the top. The room was very well presented, warm, clean and well equipped.
All the normal stuff with the extras in the mini bar all included in the cost, as well as home made biscuits, very nice. Breakfast was above average, provided very early, due to my request for an early start, with the job I had to do in Birmingham. I couldn't fault the meal at all. I would stay at this hotel again if ever I'm in the area. So credit where it's due, and well done to the Arden House Hotel. Free parking also included.

Room Tip: I can't give any tips, I only stayed one night. The room was fine and the area is quiet.