All reviewshot waterwould stay againfull englishevening mealcooked breakfastincluded in the pricevisiting the necchain hotelswithin easy reachtoastwarm welcomefirst impressionmy sisterdouble roomgenting arenabreakfast was excellentshort stay
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed here for one night with my colleague as we had to be at the NEC early the next day. It was a great location for the NEC just a 5 minute car ride away.

All the staff were really pleasant and helpful, I stayed on the middle floor in a single room which was very small probley the smallest hotel room that I’ve stayed in but my colleague who stayed on the top floor had a much bigger room than me so I guess it’s just the luck of the drawer!

The only thing that I’d say is that it was a very noisy hotel and the walls are very thin and if you’re a light sleeper like me you might find it quite hard to sleep, the man in the room next to me was snoring so loud that I felt like he was in the same room as me and people slamming doors through the night and then being woken up at 5:30am by a lady speaking loudly on the phone oblivious to the other guests still asleep! I mentioned it to my colleague and she said she only heard some of the noise on the top floor but the lady on the phone at 5:30 woke her up as well.

We had a full English breakfast before we left and I couldn’t fault it was so filling kept me going for almost the whole day and it was included in the price of the hotel so that was great value.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor which are bigger and you are less likely to be disturbed by all the noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stay here twice a year for business reasons (due to location near the NEC). I don't book the room so cannot say whether it's good value for money, but when I here with my friends we always get a warm welcome and fantastic service.
This hotel isn't wheelchair friendly, but if you have mobility issues then they will try and do as much as possible to help, I ring up in advance and they are able to ensure that I have a room that is on the groundfloor.
The beds are comfy and the rooms are always clean, there doesn't seem to be much noise from the road outside and I've never had any problems with noise from other guests.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems, ring in advance and ask to be located on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2012

This hotel had good reviews so I thought it would be fine for a business trip required during a busy NEC trade fair but this was not the case.
Firstly it was incredibly expensive which would have been ok if the hotel had been nice.
The bedrooms were absolutely tiny with beds jammed against the thin walls.
The worst thing though were the beds themselves. I don't know if I was unlucky but it was the worst bed I have ever slept on; full of lumps and no under blanket, dreadful.
The breakfast was nice and the staff lovely but this was not enough to improve my thoughts about this establishment and I will not be retuning. I hope this review might encourage the owners to invest in better beds.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank VMAW
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Finally a comfortable, appropriate(clean) hotel, in the really warm welcome, a smiling, very professional staff. A real good address.
Corinne and Denis

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2012

This is a great little hotel for NEC visitors who have an aversion to the chain hotels that predominate in this area. The hotel staff were friendly and our room; though smallish, was warm and very clean with a comfy bed. The breakfast was pleasant.

There is also a direct bus service into central Birmingham from a bus stop about 200 meters down the road which then takes about 40minutes. This is good option if you don't want to have to drive to a restaurant. The receptionist gave us directions and it was very convenient.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple