All reviewshot waterwould stay againfull englishevening mealcooked breakfastincluded in the pricevisiting the necchain hotelswithin easy reachtoastwarm welcomefirst impressionmy sisterdouble roomgenting arenabreakfast was excellentshort stay
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Me and 2 of my friends stayed here for one night on the 27th as we went to see a concert at the LG Arena, only 3 miles away from the hotel, cheap taxi's and an easy route! When we arrived there was a problem with the family room we booked, however the manager offered us to rooms but we didn't want to be split therefore he put another bed into the twin room which was very kind! He easily sorted the problem and gave us a great discount for the inconvience! Both staff we saw were extremly friendly and helpful and we had no problem finding takeaways and taxi's!
We read the reviews before we arrived and there were alot of complaints about the shower being small! We managed to fit three of us in this 'tiny' shower and we have a picture to prove it!! Great stay, would definately come again :)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This is the third time we have stayed as a family of four at the Heath Lodge. The welcome is very friendly and the owner and staff are very helpful. The rooms are very clean, there are lovely white towels, a supply of toiletries and a good selection of drinks and snacks. We have only eaten breakfast at the hotel but found this to be one of the tastiest we have ever eaten. This is obviously freshly cooked on demand and not sat under a hotplate as is the case with the larger chain hotels. We would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel and will definitely visit again when visiting family in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2012

As others have stated - some good - some not so good points. rate was good, room tiny but comfortable but don't plan on turning round in the shower, smallest I've ever seen but nicely finished and clean. WiFi was £4.50 per night (I still think this is a rip off by so many hotels these days). Dinner was OK but not exceptional, Breakfast was also OK. Overall worth a stay if you have to be at the NEC for a day or so. Staff helpful and polite. I would stay again which is always the best recommendation.

Room Tip: Overlooked the car park and this seems to be more favoured than over the 'smoking area'.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BIGFOOT3333
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed for second time, clean rooms, WiFi avail, great and friendly staff - best bit is the food - great choice & tasty. Handy for the NEC at Birmingham. Try it................

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RowlandC
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed here for just one night. I had a small double which cost £59. This did not include breakfast. The room was clean with good reading lights, kettle, hair dryer, white towels and a few complimentary snacks. The room was very close to the bar on the ground floor and there was plenty of raucous jollity going on which kept me awake, it all ended at about 11pm.
The room itself was big enough but the bed was awful, what seemed like a mattress with no padding on top, it was horrible to lie on and there was not enough bedding to keep me warm, I used a jacket and a jumper because I didn't want to go out to the bar after I was all ready to get tucked up.
Do not take this room if you are any bigger than a size 12 lady ...you would get stuck in the tiny shower cubicle, but don't worry about drowning as the water issues forth so slowly that rinsing even a head of short hair takes about five times longer than it does at home!

To add to the downsides WiFi is an extra charge of £4.50 and Breakfast costs £10.

My room looked on to the tidy back garden which is where everyone goes to smoke (there is a special ash tray). I had people standing a few feet from my window before breakfast puffing away so I could not open the window and they could see straight into my room, it felt horribly intrusive.
As a solo traveller this hotel was poor value but for a couple in the room in this location it would seem more reasonable which is why I rate it average rather than poor.
The owner is friendly and service was pleasant, but a comfy bed and a decent shower are what a hotel room is all about, this one failed on both.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the bar and if you are above average size you will need to check the shower cubicle dimensions!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo