All reviewshot waterwould stay againfull englishevening mealcooked breakfastincluded in the pricevisiting the necchain hotelswithin easy reachtoastwarm welcomefirst impressionmy sisterdouble roomgenting arenabreakfast was excellentshort stay
Reviewed 29 March 2013

One night stay and it will be my last. Poor standard of accommodation in the room, walls made of something akin to hardboard and a crazy wi-fi service where you are charged £4.50 (charging, in this day and age ??) and are not even given the wi-fi codes, the staff type them in to your laptop!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank GJack734
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Friendly, clean, good breakfast and much cheaper than some of the others around here. Very helpful - I needed to print some documents urgently for the next day and they printed them for me late in the evening (charging for it, but that was fair). Not posh, but good value.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Elizabeth N
Reviewed 28 February 2013

we arrived at this hotel, I had pre-booked and told them that my wife was in a wheelchair, when we got to the hotel the young man on the desk said " I see you have a wheelchair" I said yes it was mentioned when I booked and it was printed on the confirmation, he showed us to the room but he had to move the bed to open the door, it was totaly useless for us as we could not get into the room with the wheelchair, he said that he would have to re-arrange the booking to find us another romm, he came up with another room just behind the reception desk and with a bit of manhandling the wheelchair we were able to get into the room as the door ways were so narrow, my wife could not get into the bathroom with out me helping her out of the chair then walking her into the bathroom, the shower was a joke which we could not use and you had to back onto the toilet as it was so close to the shower and the wall, it was a good job that we were not big people otherwise I think there chould be a problem go to the loo, we went to dinner at 6.20 ordered our meal and the starter came up at 7.15 (55mins) after I complained to the waitress who was very apologetic, then our main meal came up at 7.50, when i started to eat my meal the vegetables were stone cold, I did complain to to gentleman who I think was the owner, he said I will get you fresh vegs. I said not to bother as I was finished eating, but it was too late by this time as my meal was ruininged, the young lady cleared our plates away and while we were finishing our coffee she came up with a fresh plate of vegs. I am pleased that we only stayed the one night and moved on to the Premier Inn the next day. I have given this hotel? only two stars and I think that I was being genuious, it is not good value for the money

Room Tip: there are better hotels in the same area to the NEC that are better value and more comfortable
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank satincape
Reviewed 8 February 2013

This is a friendly family run hotel with great staff and a good ambience. The location is perfect to the NEC and Birmingham airport. The restaurant has a basic menu which is not vegetarian friendly (unless they like omelettes) and vegans should go elsewhere. The best items on the menue are the balti, the steak and guiness pie and the chicken pie. Other dishes need much more seasoning as they tasted very bland.

Value for money was poor but it was a late booking at a busy time so it it usually much more reasonable. The room we were in was cramped and being on the top floor the hot water pressure in the morning was dire as soon as anyone else turned on their shower. Saying all that, we would be happy to stay again as the proximity of the NEC outweighs any negatives.

Room Tip: Avoid top floor if possible
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Booked over phone, was asked for credit card details just to make the reservation. Not sure if this is normal but felt uncomfortable as I had not seen the place or that it was using data protection compliance to store my card detils. Was told that this was because they had a no cancellation policy. Said that I would arrive around 5pm was left waiting for over an our before someone turned up to let me in along with another guest. Room very small, thin walls heard a couple arguing for an hour or so next door...not really the hotels fault. On the plus side the room was quite clean although pack of two coplientary buscuits were opened and half eaten. Good location for the airport which is why I went there and can't argue with the price. The Owner was friendly and welcoming once he turned up. A few small changes would have made all the difference here for the price would be willing to give a second chance.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo