“Not the best of places”

Heath Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Marston Green
“Not the best of places”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Surprised it was a hotel. More like a B&B. Walls and stairs were dirty and shabby - walls needed painted and stairs need hoovered. Rooms were extremely basic. Tea and Coffee facilities and a carton of OJ were available in the room. Small TV on the wall. Very noisy. Heard every floorboard creeking. It was a busy weekend as there were alot of events on in the NEC.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank D-Belfast

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Tywyn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Family run Hotel, management and staff are always very kind and helpful. Very good price for car parking if you stay at the Hotel and travel to the airport.

Food quality is excellent, breakfast in particular.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Very convenient for the NEC This small but comfortable hotel was perfect for my overnight stay. I was in a twin room which if I am honest would have been cramped for two people and the bathroom was tiny, (sitting on the toilet the sink was only a few inches from my face!) that said it was clean comfortable and well furnished.
Breakfast was served in the relatively spacious restaurant area, cereals, fruit juice, yogurts and tea and coffee are help yourself and full english breakfasts can be ordered from the waitress. I didn't have the full english as I don't like a heavy breakfast so can't comment on the quality or quantity.

Room Tip: Maybe the doubles are bigger than the twins
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Darlington
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Super food, lovely staff - plain but does what it says on the tin................
5 mins from the NEC - great location. Staff very helpful & what good value comparing the more immediate hotels down there. Rooms small but good. Wifi a charge but good!!!
Would heartily recommend..........................

Room Tip: Eat there!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RowlandC
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2013

One night stay and it will be my last. Poor standard of accommodation in the room, walls made of something akin to hardboard and a crazy wi-fi service where you are charged £4.50 (charging, in this day and age ??) and are not even given the wi-fi codes, the staff type them in to your laptop!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank GJack734

Travellers are raving about these Marston Green hotels

Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Friendly, clean, good breakfast and much cheaper than some of the others around here. Very helpful - I needed to print some documents urgently for the next day and they printed them for me late in the evening (charging for it, but that was fair). Not posh, but good value.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Elizabeth N
Claremorris, Ireland
Reviewed 28 February 2013

we arrived at this hotel, I had pre-booked and told them that my wife was in a wheelchair, when we got to the hotel the young man on the desk said " I see you have a wheelchair" I said yes it was mentioned when I booked and it was printed on the confirmation, he showed us to the room but he had to move the bed to open the door, it was totaly useless for us as we could not get into the room with the wheelchair, he said that he would have to re-arrange the booking to find us another romm, he came up with another room just behind the reception desk and with a bit of manhandling the wheelchair we were able to get into the room as the door ways were so narrow, my wife could not get into the bathroom with out me helping her out of the chair then walking her into the bathroom, the shower was a joke which we could not use and you had to back onto the toilet as it was so close to the shower and the wall, it was a good job that we were not big people otherwise I think there chould be a problem go to the loo, we went to dinner at 6.20 ordered our meal and the starter came up at 7.15 (55mins) after I complained to the waitress who was very apologetic, then our main meal came up at 7.50, when i started to eat my meal the vegetables were stone cold, I did complain to to gentleman who I think was the owner, he said I will get you fresh vegs. I said not to bother as I was finished eating, but it was too late by this time as my meal was ruininged, the young lady cleared our plates away and while we were finishing our coffee she came up with a fresh plate of vegs. I am pleased that we only stayed the one night and moved on to the Premier Inn the next day. I have given this hotel? only two stars and I think that I was being genuious, it is not good value for the money

Room Tip: there are better hotels in the same area to the NEC that are better value and more comfortable
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
#23 of 117 in Birmingham
Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Ibis Styles Birmingham Airport NEC

Been to Heath Lodge? Share your experiences!