“Lovely hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
kent
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Only stayed for one night with my two children and my husband as we were visiting Lapland Uk. We stayed in an executive family room which was plenty for our needs with all the little extra toiletries you'd expect in a hotel like this. The hotel has a very warm cosy feel from the moment you arrive and nothing was to much trouble.
We made good use of the spa facilities/pool which were lovely especially the thasotherapy pool. The hotel itself was decorated lovely for Xmas and we enjoyed lovely food by the fire place in the lounge, the bar area and in the restaurant, the breakfast was great and most of all, all the staff were extremely polite and very attentive. I would love to stay here again sometime.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MartinsKent
Jacqui B, General Manager at Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for a great review, it is wonderful to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay so much. Wishing you and your family a happy new year and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Berystede in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Ascot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Just had a fantastic meal in the bar with some close friends. The Barman looked after us the whole time. He was very polite and had a very professional manner that made us feel comfortable and special. The food was top quality and good portion sizes.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Jacqui B, General Manager at Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Thank you for reviewing your dining experience in our bar & lounge. Delighted you enjoyed the food & service you received. Both Jon our Head Chef & Dan our Bars manager have shared your review with their teams who were equally pleased to read how much you enjoyed yourself. Have a wonderful Christmas break.

Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We came yesterday for Sunday Lunch as my brother and his Fiance are due to be married at The Berystede in the summer of 2014 and it was a good opportunity for us to have a peak at where they had booked thier wedding.

We were a small group, that grew into a bigger group and at the last moment, we chucked one more person (me) in for good measure. The staff in the restuarant were very accomodating, especially with the alterations to our numbers. The food was fantasitic, well presented, well timed and particaully tasty. As a Manager in a hotel myself, you could say we in the industry can be particually critical of other establishments, however, I could not find a single fault!

We went on a little trip around the hotel to see the function room that they will be using, very impressive to say the least. Couldn't have a big nosey into the room as they were setting up for another function so we popped to reception to ask if we could have a look at one of the bedroom Suites, as my brother had not been able to see one yet. The young lady on Reception was very poite and helpful, explained the different types of rooms to us and let us take a look at them.

Looking forward to returning in the summer!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank John W
Jacqui B, General Manager at Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
I am delighted that you enjoyed your Sunday lunch experience with us last weekend. I am also pleased to read that you were able to have a quick look around the hotel whilst visitng prior to your brothers wedding. Thank you for you review, have a great Christmas break and we look forward to seeing you all in 2014.

Many Thanks,
Chelmsford
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My family and I stayed there about two weeks ago for a spa weekend. Amazing hotel when you walk in through the door lovely warm atmosphere and inviting. This hotel has a personal feel about it that makes you feel really comfortable, The staff were all very friendly and accomodating. A home from home feel.

Our rooms were imaculate, Dinner was lovel and spa treatments were amazing they had spaces for extra treatments if you wanted them which we did. Spa staff very welcoming and spa and pool were fantastic, The outside jaccuzzi pool was simply out of this world.

We would definately go back pity it wasnt longer

Room Tip: I doubt any room would be bad
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Jacqui B, General Manager at Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Thank you for posting such a great review of your stay. The team are looking forward to welcoming you all back to the hotel in the very near future.

Many Thanks.
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Great hotel , lovely room and good full English breakfast! Hot full of character and has spa although we didn't have time to use it. Only downside was the traffic noise from road junction outside. But having said that we will go back again!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank philip w
Jacqui B, General Manager at Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your review. I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay and I hope you are able to stay with us again in the near future - make sure you have time to enjoy our great leisure club and spa as well!

Many Thanks,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Lovely location,superb conference venue/facilities-however didnt think the actual stay overnight was as good.Power cut in room when I first arrived...used soap bar/shampoo in shower..yuk.Reception staff were curt and rude.Lots of foreign staff in breakfast room and conference suite where difficulties understanding strong accents.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank K N
Thank you for your recent review of your conference and overnight stay with us. Whilst I am pleased you had a successful conference experience we clearly made some errors with your hotel stay for which I apologise. With regard to our team, we do have a range of staff from differing nationalities however we do ensure everybody speaks English - apologies for any difficulties you had communicating and liasing with the team. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Epping Forest
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This was an work connected overnight stay.

I liked the country house feel to the venue as that is what it seems to have been converted from.

It was good to arrive at Reception and not have the annoying experience I had in other hotels earlier this year where I was asked to pay up front. The front desk staff were switched on and helpful, an asset to the team.

The room was a bit small but the quality of the room was good.

The evening meal was of a very good standard but the portions were small. I would not have objected to the waitress asking me if I wanted side dishes. Given that I resemble a prop forward, I would not have taken offence. Every course of the meal was impressive and the service made an effort so it was a nice experience all the same.

The gym was impressive and that alone commends itself to what I was already finding to be a pleasant hotel. A well equipped gym really influences what I think of a hotel and it is good to see that a hotel does not overlook this aspect.

The hotel bar shut at 23:00 but in the lobby one could have drinks served through the night so not all bad. The lobby itself was well furnished with its country feel so I did not feel hard done by.

The paper I asked for arrived when I was told it would arrive.

In the morning I informed Reception that a work colleague would arrive before I set off and he was helpfully shown to the lobby seating area where we were able to start our working day.

This hotel I really like and when I am in that area again I would like to go back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LoughtonEppingForest
Thank you for your fantastic review and comments following your recent stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Berystede Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Best Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunninghill
Royal Berkshire Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sunninghill
Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection
Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Savill Court Hotel & Spa
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa

Been to Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!