As a birthday treat on New Years Day my fiancé surprised me with a night at this hotel along with a bit of spa pampering! Here are our thoughts....
Arrived to this glorious looking hotel, greeted by such elegant decor and an open fire! I absolutely loved the feel of the place! We arrived a bit too early so didn't expect to be checked in ...but the lovely reception gentleman found us an available room, so we didn't have to wait. Our room was superb. It was stylishly decorated and nice and big, we had champagne on arrival and a card wishing us a happy new year, which was lovely. We got changed and went to the spa! We couldn't have been treated better! All of the spa staff were 110% accommodating and so so friendly!
I had a facial which was AMAZING, although did feel like there was too much of a hard sell of the products afterwards which was a bit much.
The outside spa pool was fantastic! The various spa rooms (especially the aroma room) were extremely nice!
Where it starts to go a bit downhill is at dinner. We generally felt it was a bit too stuffy and slightly pretentious with the limited menu and the less than generous portions! I still felt hungry after my starter, main and cheeseboard! However, the quality of the food was spot on the duck was cooked perfectly and my partners steak and chips were amazing....Could just do with a bit more! It felt like the waiters were somewhat in the weeds! We were not asked if food was ok, we sat with empty glasses and no one was around to offer us more drinks! The waiter initially got my order wrong....but they also corrected their mistake pretty quickly so not a massive problem.
With regards to sleep, I was out for the count in the comfy bed but my other half was woken early in the morning by noise in the corridor.
Breakfast was really good and there was so much choice! I was full up after breakfast which is always a good sign!
On the whole we were very happy with our stay and came back feeling relaxed and ready to take on the new year!
My fiancé informed me of what great customer service that Jackie Bagnall provided when planning our stay! He was very impressed with her customer service and we both feel very valued as customers! Thanks very much!
Also.... Just to say that every single member of staff we passed in the corridors etc, always greeted us with a friendly hello! They were lovely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa in Ascot is a beautiful, accessible, four-star hotel near Windsor which is surrounded by amazing landscaped gardens. Ideal for accommodation during Royal Ascot, the hotel is the closest four-star hotel to Ascot Racecourse. Access to Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa is easy from nearby London Heathrow Airport and the facilities are designed to appeal to both business and leisure guests alike. Short break visitors to the area will find the hotel a short distance from popular attractions such as Legoland, Thorpe Park, Windsor Castle and Wentworth Golf Course. And following a day of adventure, back at the hotel, there is a state-of-the-art thermal spa with six spa treatment rooms, an 18-metre swimming pool, rock and infra red saunas and an outdoor hydropool. Perfect for resting weary legs. Our AA-rosette award-winning Hyperion Restaurant serves a range of contemporary English and European cuisine, carefully crafted dishes using the finest quality, wholesome ingredients. Sit back, relax and let us cook up a delight for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel Sunninghill
- Macdonald Berystede Ascot
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa Berkshire/Sunninghill, UK