Stayed for one night to see the New year in at the "Hollywood Ball". Hotel is nicely located in a nice part of Berkshire. Reception check-in was fast, friendly and efficient, although we were booked under a party booking name, which they found a little confusing. We had a standard room overlooking another block of rooms and the car park, the room was was clean, tidy and reasonably well appointed, albeit it poorly lit and was fairly small and the bathroom was even smaller! The pool and spa are very nice, especially the choice of steam and sauna rooms. The bar was comfortable with a good choice of beers, wines and spirits, albeit like most hotels too expensive, and slow service due to just one bar person on duty. We attended the black tie Hollywood Ball New Year party as a group of 8 people, unfortunately the hotel organisers completely messed up the seating arrangements and tried to sit 12 people on a table that was laid out for 10. They then tried to add two more places (like trying to pour a pint into a quart pot!), which clearly wouldn't resolve the problem, by this time it was becoming embarrassing and awkward for our group of 8, who were standing waiting and waiting and waiting for the management to address the problem, every other table was seated by this time! Anyway after a lot of unnecessary huffing and puffing, and very little direct action by the management, another couple who were on their own and already sitting on our table volunteered to relocate to a table for two, which again made our group feel very uncomfortable. Unfortunately the poor planning, coordination on the part of the hotel spoilt the beginning of our evening, and although the seating problem had been resolved there was little or no customer service follow up by the general management - Very disappointing management performance. However, we 'stayed calm and carried on' and I must say the food was good and the rest of the evening went off without a hitch and a Happy New Year was had by all. Breakfast although very busy was good and there was a good buffet selection, we enjoyed a hearty breakfast. Overall the hotel and customer experience was at best average, and management attitude and customer service recovery needs looking at!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa in Ascot is a beautiful, accessible, four-star hotel near Windsor which is surrounded by amazing landscaped gardens. Ideal for accommodation during Royal Ascot, the hotel is the closest four-star hotel to Ascot Racecourse. Access to Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa is easy from nearby London Heathrow Airport and the facilities are designed to appeal to both business and leisure guests alike. Short break visitors to the area will find the hotel a short distance from popular attractions such as Legoland, Thorpe Park, Windsor Castle and Wentworth Golf Course. And following a day of adventure, back at the hotel, there is a state-of-the-art thermal spa with six spa treatment rooms, an 18-metre swimming pool, rock and infra red saunas and an outdoor hydropool. Perfect for resting weary legs. Our AA-rosette award-winning Hyperion Restaurant serves a range of contemporary English and European cuisine, carefully crafted dishes using the finest quality, wholesome ingredients. Sit back, relax and let us cook up a delight for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel Sunninghill
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Berystede Ascot
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa Berkshire/Sunninghill, UK