We recently attended the New Year Ball and the experience from booking to the check out was poor. Booking - I rang the hotel and had to leave a message for Reservations to call me back. No reply. I rang them again - left another message - no reply. On the third occasion I managed to speak to Reservations and paid our deposit. No emailed confirmation. After several days I rang the hotel and asked for written confirmation. No email received. I rang again - still no email. On the third occasion I asked to speak to the General Manager. The Manager apologised and said 'leave it with me'. She rang me back 10 minutes later and explained that they'd had problems with their email - OK but that didn't explain the large black hole where all the messages disappeared. We arrived on New Years eve - the hotel was festive and had a good atmosphere. We enjoyed the afternoon tea which was a nice touch. We were a party of 8 but as we'd booked separately we doubled checked that we would be seated together - the hotel appeared to have no note of this despite our party taking much trouble at the booking process to ensure this would be organised. Unfortunately as my friend has noted in his review, despite our best efforts, the hotel only laid up the table for 6 of us and not 8. Chaos prevailed and we were all very upset and embarrassed. The General Managers were conspicuous by their absence - at no time did they come to our table and apologise personally to the group, including a couple who were seated with us and must have felt pretty upset too. I have never received such poor management response to a problem ever. We complained to the General Managers who said they would contact us the following week to respond to our complaints but as it's now 18th January I would suggest that this supports my view that the management are poor. I personally would never stay at this hotel chain again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa in Ascot is a beautiful, accessible, four-star hotel near Windsor which is surrounded by amazing landscaped gardens. Ideal for accommodation during Royal Ascot, the hotel is the closest four-star hotel to Ascot Racecourse. Access to Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa is easy from nearby London Heathrow Airport and the facilities are designed to appeal to both business and leisure guests alike. Short break visitors to the area will find the hotel a short distance from popular attractions such as Legoland, Thorpe Park, Windsor Castle and Wentworth Golf Course. And following a day of adventure, back at the hotel, there is a state-of-the-art thermal spa with six spa treatment rooms, an 18-metre swimming pool, rock and infra red saunas and an outdoor hydropool. Perfect for resting weary legs. Our AA-rosette award-winning Hyperion Restaurant serves a range of contemporary English and European cuisine, carefully crafted dishes using the finest quality, wholesome ingredients. Sit back, relax and let us cook up a delight for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel Sunninghill
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Berystede Ascot
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa Berkshire/Sunninghill, UK