“A relaxing stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“A relaxing stay”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great Grounds and facilities.
The staff on reception,the ladies in the spa and the night manager were extremely friendly and accomodating.Olga the waitress in the restaurant was especially nice.
We will definitely be returning to the mcdonald berystede hotel and spa. :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Jacqui B, Manager at Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I am so pleased to read you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for commenting on our team - I will ensure they see your review. I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel & spa in the future.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Chertsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband had booked the Berystede as a surprise for our wedding anniversary. Having arrive later in the day due to work commitments we missed the spa opening times and therefore could not book for the following day. Dinner was nice although seated next to a grubby looking plasterboard wall was not a great sight- however with renovations happening, this is understandable (although a touch of paint was needed).
The following morning, we went to breakfast around 9, let's just say we did not finish breakfast until 10.45 and that was not because we are slow eaters! Not enough seating for the amount of customers as well as a slow service was disappointing, as well as the ridiculously HOT plate our breakfast was served on. This plate was unbearably hot, with the bacon still sizzling and the egg as hard as a rock.
This is a very short version of the amount of issues we faced on this visit. Having visited the Berystede on several occasions, we had always been very satisfied however this time has made us feel like we do not want to return.

Having contacted the Macdonald customer service department by email- I am still awaiting a reply from the general manager at the Berystede- over a week waiting- clearly they like to keep their customers waiting.

I am not normally one to complain and be negative however I am hugely disappointed with my recent experience and hope that changes are made to ensure a lovely customer get away, something that It once was!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ashleaa0702

Travellers are raving about these Sunninghill hotels

West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My 3rd Macdonald. Other 2 excellent but this just hasn't got it. Staff ok but nothing special. Room tired. Bar service poor. Breakfast warm not hot. Sells itself as an alternative to Windsor Macdonald but it's miles away!
Signage from main road confusing once you find it.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stephen B
Jacqui B, Manager at Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for your review sorry you did not feel that our hotel was to your liking comparably to other hotels in the Macdonald Hotels brand. We are located 15 minutes drive from Windsor town centre in the Ascot countryside and whilst we are close by we do not advertise as being located in Windsor. If you are looking for a central Windsor base our sister hotel Macdonald Windsor is the perfect location.

Ascot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We went to The Berystede for Afternoon Tea to celebrate the completion of my little boy's adoption the staff were very kind to us and really made it a lovely celebration and made a fuss of my son. The sandwiches, cakes and scones were all delicious in lovely surroundings. A throughly enjoyable visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Helstar18
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed afternoon tea with us so much. Our head pastry chef Eli was delighted to read your comments.

Best Regards,
Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

. We have just got back from our wonderful and
relaxing spa break at the Berystede Hotel in Ascot! The hotel was really lovely, the staff very accommodating and
friendly! Nothing was too much trouble! Unfortunately another of my
guests had to drop out due to a poorly husband at the very last minute
and all they charged us for was a dinner which l was very happy to pay
under the circumstances! They changed rooms with no fuss! Treated us
like royalty and made us feel very welcome! I couldn't have asked for a
better hotel or package for my guests.

Thank you for helping me celebrate my birthday in style and with NO
STRESS !!

Kind regards

Theresa Gale

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for a great review delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel has a few minor issues that do begin to stack up, but the Spa helps to put things right.

The Hotel staff are actually really good and not the problem here, they all seemed quite young so I assumed if they are being managed then the managers must be hidden behind the scenes. We arrived in our room, which was warm, clean and with all the amenities you would expect to a good standard for the price paid, but I could see the foot of the bed was in the air and the head had no feet so more of a see-saw than a bed. The staff apologised and moved us to a different 'better' room immediately without fuss. The new room was a little larger and still to a good standard but let down by a half used bottle of water from the rooms previous occupant still in the mini-bar putting the cleanliness a little into question. The restaurant is nice with good service from friendly staff but the main courses arrived stone cold. Again, the staff replaced this without fuss immediately when told. When the bill came at the end of the night we had enough booze included on there for a whole stag party to have fun on but they admitted the mistake when I pointed out that the two of us alone would not be coherently having this conversation if we had consumed this amount. Unfortunately, this was a conversation I needed to have again the following morning when checking out with the hotel bill. So it seemed like a lot of work, but most of them were minor errors that may be a manager or two could prevent if they were there. I'm guessing there are one or two other hotel guests that had a very good night very cheaply without having to pay for a single drink!!!

We used the spa on the day we left and it was very good allowing us to overlook the facilities that were out-of-order. But, an this cannot be helped, it does seem to be very popular with Hen-parties so if you are looking for quiet relaxation, may be try somewhere else as I think a flock of actual hens would be considerably quieter.

Room Tip: Check the bed isn't broken before you settle in.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bedford
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights. My father was given a fantastic room close to reception (room 104). We were allocated 137 which is in the new block, above the conference rooms and a long walk from reception. Room 137 was incredibly noisy permanently and I got no sleep on the first night. I assume it's aircon units or the like. When I complained to reception they immediately offered to move rooms, and suggested the noise couldn't be fixed.

For this reason I'm scoring the hotel 2. They clearly know there to be an issue with this room (*or rooms in the vicinity) but still allocated to us. On the day of checkout, I suggested there should be some compensation (perhaps reduced room rate or complimentary drinks) for the inconvenience caused. The receptionist wasn't able to offer any arrangement, there were no duty-managers available, and despite the promise of a phone call from a manager, I've not received one.

Room 137 aside, this is a lovely hotel in beautiful grounds, with attentive staff, beauitiful restaurant and a fab spa with little outdoor pool. I would come back again, but would be more fussy when first checking into the room.

Room Tip: Not 137. Ask for a room closer to reception.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review, I am sorry to read that you had a poor nights sleep. We do have a plant room in the block of accommodation you were resident in however the equipment should not disturb you. I have asked our contractor to visit to check over the equipment to ensure it is running correctly, I am a little unsure why there was not a manager available to speak to you in person during your stay and that you did not receive a call as promised as we strive to ensure all guests are contacted in a prompt manner when required.

Kind Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunninghill
Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa
Hilton Bracknell
#5 of 7 in Bracknell
Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Savill Court Hotel & Spa

Been to Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!