Rang the hotel on 2 occasions prior to my arrival to confirm that the 3 rooms I booked would be together, we arrived early and we were informed that they only had 1 room available which was not a problem and informed us if we checked in later all our rooms would be together. This was a special 50th birthday celebration so I wanted everything to run smoothly. When we booked in later that day we waited for over 30 mins to sort our rooms out which was a real pain.
The restaurant was great, the food, the service no complaints everything ran smoothly. The rooms were lovely although it was at the end of the hotel and quite along walk when you have knee replacements so be warned if you have a disability. The pool and facilities were excellent they even had an outside splash pool/jacuzzi very heated and it was lovely. Love the various steam rooms and sauna's and the ice room, these facilities were fantastic for a hotel.
Breakfast was excellent although service for tea/coffee was a bit slow but the restaurant was very busy so this was to be expected. We went to check out and they had overcharged us by over 100 pounds and as I started to explain in to the receptionist she was a bit on the unfriendly side so I left it to my husband to sort out as it was the same lady who we had encountered on booking in, to be honest my husband is the most patient man and even he was losing the will to live 20 mins later it was finally resolved. I love this group of hotels and have stayed at various others in the group and apart from the frustrations at reception it was a lovely stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa in Ascot is a beautiful, accessible, four-star hotel near Windsor which is surrounded by amazing landscaped gardens. Ideal for accommodation during Royal Ascot, the hotel is the closest four-star hotel to Ascot Racecourse. Access to Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa is easy from nearby London Heathrow Airport and the facilities are designed to appeal to both business and leisure guests alike. Short break visitors to the area will find the hotel a short distance from popular attractions such as Legoland, Thorpe Park, Windsor Castle and Wentworth Golf Course. And following a day of adventure, back at the hotel, there is a state-of-the-art thermal spa with six spa treatment rooms, an 18-metre swimming pool, rock and infra red saunas and an outdoor hydropool. Perfect for resting weary legs. Our AA-rosette award-winning Hyperion Restaurant serves a range of contemporary English and European cuisine, carefully crafted dishes using the finest quality, wholesome ingredients. Sit back, relax and let us cook up a delight for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel Sunninghill
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Berystede Ascot
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa Berkshire/Sunninghill, UK