“Great Food”
Review of Angel

Angel
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Baildon
Description: Local friendly pub set in the heart of baildon great food great people we have a great range of cask ale ,largers and over 32 different Gins and a food menu for all
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This village pub provides an excellent menu at very reasonable prices. The food arrived piping hot and was delicious. The portions are generous. During the day it is very pleasant but can at times be a little noisy when the locals are in after work!

1  Thank Judith C

Reviewed 28 October 2013

As soon as I stepped through the door I was greeted by a friendly barman with a big smile. Service was very prompt and food from the extensive menu was first class. Easy parking and good offers everyday of the week. Will definitely be back the next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

AS a family unit we all love going out for memorable meals in classy places both here and abroad.

But you know, sometimes it is every bit as enjoyable going to your local hostelry and tucking-in to a no-frills, down-to-earth pub grub meal.

The Angel is just up the road from us and was recently refurbished. Dropping in there the other day I was reminded how good their food is and at prices you couldn't match if you cooked it at home.

It puts it in perspective when you place their bill for for a couple of drinks each and two proper filling meals for £17.57 including VAT at 20 per cent next to some of the restaurant bills I've been presented with over the years where £17.57 barely covered the cost of checking in your coat !

But there are so many decent pubs around these days serving wide-ranging, reasonably-priced fare that we should perhaps better appreciate the role they play in the dining-out experience.

We visited The Angel at lunch-time on the day of an England World Cup qualifier match and yes - it is a sports-orientated pub but my football-averse wife felt quite welcome.

The pub is part of the John Barras chain and as such carries a wide- ranging menu covering curries, Mexican burgers, steak meals, surf 'n turf, fish and chips,pick 'n mix dishes, sharing plates and all the usual suspects plus daily "specials" menus.

My wife had the "lite" version of the gammon, egg and chips which she declared first class and I tucked in with gusto to a beef and ale pie, chips peas and gravy and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Wash that down with a couple of excellent pints and two glasses of a very passable house red and we were ready for an afternoon nap....

It is a welcoming pub with a friendly staff. Table service was excellent, lovely and clean and if I had one criticism of the pub it would be the back entrance off the car park which gives a gloomy intro to a lively pub. But short of rebuilding the place that is an irritant I can gladly trade against the welcome once inside.

ENDS

We

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Moved back to baildon last year and the angel is first class .great food , the staff are always helpful and its great for footy .the Mexican burger is superb and great value for your dosh .never had a bad experiance there , no trouble just everybody enjoying the easy going atmosphere .

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Having recently moved to the area been attempting to get to know the area. Attended here with my partner and have to say was severely disappointed. Its a standard pub and standard grub. Yeah the staff were friendly and the drinks not badly priced but apart from that they is nothing else going for this pub. I hope the rest of Baildon has something else to offer.