“Great Food”
Review of Pickles Deli

Pickles Deli
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Baildon
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our deli and tearooms are foodie heaven!
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

What a great place for an pleasant lunch. The food is very good indeed and the portions are very generous. I had the sweetcorn soup which came with a large bread roll and substantial croutons. We went midweek and it was very busy which gave a nice buzz of conversation - the main seating area is upstairs. Downstairs is a deli and a few small tables. The only thing I might add is that it is quite expensive.

Visited September 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Superb food”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Great food and friendly service ! Well worth a visit ! We stop in here once or twice a month and have always enjoyed it. We have visited with our children also and they were well catered for with a good selection of menu items to choose from.

• Visited September 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Food great service could do better”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I often meet a friend here and have never been disappointed by the food.However on this occaision the wrong beverages were brought and extra dressing very slow to arrive even though he place was only half full.Such a shame that tasty food and a bespoke tea room should be let down in this way.I hope things are better when next visiting.

• Visited August 2013
“Bit expensive but great quality”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We have visited pickles in several occasions and have never been disappointed by the quality of the food. It's not cheap, but the quality if food is fantastic. The staff are very accommodating. I wanted a plain salad but with one of their stuffed field mushrooms on it. Both these are seperate dishes but they were happy to combine the 2 for me. Oh my word, the cakes are amazing. I am a keen baker myself so am quite critical when it comes to cakes and such, but they were moist and light, full of flavour and a good sized portion.
The staff in general are very friendly and helpful although one lady took my payment and was a bit rude! I had paid cash for the meal but then decided to buy a few bits from the deli counter to take home ( delicious olives!). I had no cash left so had to pay on card. She told me there would be a charge as it was under a certain amount ( it was a 35p charge, no big deal) and she frowned, shook her head and snapped " I can't believe you're still going to do it, I can't understand why anyone would pay for goods in a card when they will be charged, it's ridiculous!" I was stunned and wanted to tell her to stick the goods where the sun won't shine , I no option to pay by card as I'd just given her all my cash! Another lady stood behind her and mouthed that I should ignore her and she was sorry for my ear bashing. My card was already in the machine, otherwise I would have left.
It will continue to visit pickles as the rest if the staff and the food and quaint environment are so good. Though another word from mrs attitude will deffinatly put me off!

leeds
“Wonderful little tea-room”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Pickles is a real gem. We live locally and visit around once a month for lunch and also use the deli downstairs to buy bits and bobs for special meals at home. The coffee and sandwiches are superb and there is always something new on the specials board; the frittata and quiche are lovely. Great cakes too, and they have started to do ice-cream which I look forward to trying out! The woman who runs this place is an inspiration and shows how a successful small local business can be built, even in these difficult times. Well worth a visit.

1 Thank limey119