“Superb”

The White Horse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2020

Had lunch after reading good reviews. The pub is beautiful, the food is Michelin star quality. Rebecca is very friendly and professional. The best food we've had for a long time. On our first visit my wife had arancini to start, I had the scotch Egg. For main my wife had the plaice which she loved, I had the chicken which looked amazing and tasted even better. My two favourite desserts are chocolate and pistachio, the chocolate terrine with pistachio and creme fraiche sorbet is out of this world.
Went back today. Had the veloute, I had the burrata with poached pears. For main the burger and the Angus fillet of beef which melt in your mouth. Loved it so much we are booked for Friday lunch. Where ever you stay in Somerset this place is a MUST.

Reviewed 30 September 2020

Called in for morning coffee. Very nice welcome from friendly and helpful staff. Real character proper pub. Great looking menu. Wish we'd been around lunchtime.

2  Thank John S
Reviewed 26 September 2020

We ate here as part of a short break in the area.
The staff were amazing and explained the covid rules immediately and clearly. The ambiance is delightful and the food itself was amazing.
Faultless. Staff, surroundings and the meal were all excellent

2  Thank Mnico3
Reviewed 28 August 2020 via mobile

Came here for dinner with my wife as part of our weekend away. From the intial contact to make the booking, the service and communication was first rate. We both had 3 courses and the food was outstanding. We both had the pork shoulder scotch egg to start and was best scotch egg we had ever had. For main my wife had fish and chips which was succulent fish with super crispy batter and fantastic triple cooked chips. I had chicken breast with buttered vegetables, herb gnocchi and truffle sauce which was unbelievable. For pudding my wife had vanilla ice cream with hot chocolate sauce and I had chocolate terrine with pistachio sorbet which so good. Some of the best food we have ever eaten in a proper pub. Can’t recommend highly enough. Will be back.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank EHP293
Reviewed 18 August 2020

Such a lovely place. A wonderful welcome. We booked in advance for our holiday (from Wales) recommended to us by our host and not disappointed. Ambiance was warm and friendly. The food and service was second to none. We holiday in this area frequently and we look forward to our next visit.

Date of visit: August 2020