“Sublime food experience”

Price range: US$28 - US$34
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A bar/restaurant and social gathering place in Ryhall – offering high-quality food, drinks and entertainment in an upscale casual environment. The décor is stylish and quirky. The menu features simple, robust food made with the best, often locally sourced ingredients. The atmosphere ranges from “chilled and relaxing” - encouraging long lunches and brunches - to lively, for diners with a definite sense of fun.
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Hy husband and I went to the Wicked Witch with my Sister in law and her husband. It was exceptional. The food was first class, service excellent and a fantastic evening. If you are in the vicinity it is definitely worth visiting.

Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

I think the one really negative reviewer on here clearly does not know what fine cuisine is. The service here is second to none and the quality of the food, well there are very few restaurants outside of the high end London places that can create such delicate and fresh tastes as the Witch. We often eat in very nice restaurants, a bit of a hobby for me and the wife. Have eaten in the Dorchester and the Savoy very recently- the Witch was by far better and you don't pay London prices. Not the cheapest but by far not the most expensive in the area, but possibly the best ! You won't be dissapointed- a foody

1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was a bit concerned that this venue - chosen by one of my sons for his partner's birthday lunch - would offer a nouvelle cuisine experience rather than a filling meal. I was wrong - all the dishes chosen by our party of five were served in decent-sized portions and were well-cooked, well-presented and tasty. The atmosphere was friendly and the service was polite though speed was clearly not of the essence. An 'end-of-the-barrel' pint was exchanged for a fresh beer with profuse apologies and all-in-all I would be happy to re-visit in the future.

1  Thank AlBuck
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Like tOmtit, I found the decor dingy and the lighting useless, those with smart phones should download a flash-light app before entering. Furniture and layout are useless & no atmosphere.
Now for the food... expensive, lack of variety & average quality. If I was paying £12-£13 for my beef main I would not complain but £22.!!!
Service.. well bless them, they made an effort but you get a sense of nervousness from the staff.
Chef... frankly a bit of a.... because the broccoli & watercress side had no watercress and when we asked the waiter about it he actually took it to the chef to find out then returned saying "the chef said there is watercress in it" so I said tell the chef to come and show me, then the head waiter came and tried to defend the chef but then looked for himself and said actually you're right, I'm sorry for that... so how come wonder boy chef didn't take a look when it first went back, is he so far up his own behind that he believes he cannot make mistakes?
Value for money... not very good.
And to cap it off... my partner has suspected food poisoning the next day, was it the cod & eel?

4  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Ate here for the first time on March 31st 2012 and enjoyed every second.

We began with some seriously sensational Scotch Eggs in the bar before being shown to our table which was set beautifully.

The service throughout the evening was excellent, with just the right level of attention.

All the food was superbly presented and tasted incredible. A LOT of sharing went on as each of us declared our meal to be the best.

Even the side dishes were of the highest quality.

Whilst the dishes are on the pricey side, you cannot question the value for money. Only one of us could manage desert so definitely not small portions.

You simply must go here and treat your taste buds to what is surely some of the finest ining this area has to offer.