Open today: 00:00 - 23:59
Review Highlights
Exceptional tour company

We booked our tour with Modou Barry back in the UK online, the communication was faultless making... read more

Reviewed 12 January 2019
Lucy H
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
via mobile
The Gambia and Senegal, Christmastrip

We booked a nine-day-trip to Gambia and South East Senegal. We really enjoyed it and so did our... read more

Reviewed 10 January 2019
Car0line345
via mobile

All reviews kunta kinte north bank day trip five senses view wildlife delta barry stops mustapha landrover company enthusiastic culture uk driver smell nature
Reviewed 4 December 2018

I met Modou Barry and we spent a few days visiting some natural and cultural areas of Gambia. He was very professional and knowledgeable and took me to places I wouldn't have known about on my own. Most importantly, he is very passionate about helping Gambia move forward and is involved in several non profit activities. Highly recommend!

1  Thank George K
Mamadou B, General Manager at Tour Gambia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2018

Thanks George,
Its a pleasure Booking Tours with Tour Gambia .Eco Tourisms is very important , we are in a battle to eradicate poverty and Raise the living Standard of The people living in The local commodities.
That ks so Much its the 1st but not last adventure.
Thanks Again

Reviewed 28 November 2018

We have just returned from our second tour with Mamadou Barry and Tour Gambia. It’s unusual for us to return anywhere!
He’s organised and reliable with payment and has never asked for any extras.
Last year I sent part payment in advance from the UK before we’d met and to our relief Barry arrived to pick us up from our hotel, on time and ready to go!
They took us to Wassadu and Nkolo Koba in East Senegal and Tendaba in Gambia. We had such an amazing time that we returned this year to explore North Senegal, the delta, Lompoul desert, and Djouj with them. The driver Mustapha has driven us both years and despite the madness on the roads we never felt unsafe as he’s completely trustworthy, careful and considerate on the roads. Hes also a mechanic which would come in useful if there was any problem- only a flat tyre luckily. Mustapha the bird guide is also amazing- he doesnt miss anything and has taught and shown us such a lot. Above all Barry and the boys have made it such fun, they are great company, really look
after you and any unforeseen problems can be smoothed over with Barry’s charm- even at the Senegal border!! We have been in both their vehicles but the open top Landrover is our favourite for spotting birds and interacting with locals along the way. It was particularly good for the desert roads this year.
I would completely recommend this local company for its reliable, individual sevice and most of all having fun and learning about the local culture and wildlife. We hope to be back again next year. Steph and Bob, Manchester.

1  Thank stephyarnell
Mamadou B, General Manager at Tour Gambia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2018

The Team is always pleased with you before and after your Booking ...
New route are always possible to explore with differences.
We thank you For the Great start this Year....
We open for the All if West Africa , Start from Banjul or Any Near By air port.
Good luck to you all.
Together the Globe will be sustainable.

Reviewed 25 November 2018

Modou is a good talker, but is unable to deliver on his promises. Be very careful if you trust him to undertake charity projects, you may not get the quality you expect. I speak from experience.

2  Thank Steve M
Mamadou B, General Manager at Tour Gambia, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2018

Steve we did our Best I am.not the Builder I Supervice .I told when we meet last weekend before my Tour That the School Head Teacher who Santo told to Work with Was not at All happy me handling the Projects .
My Builders fine it difficulties with water and also the School Management.will miss place the store Key after all.
Work at there was difficult .
But we have Reccomend you that The Toilets are Better Build than any Toilets in That's school and Area.
You always have Quality in Peace.
But man I know the Effort I did and the workers .
Let's the school sostain .

Reviewed 24 November 2018

We stayed Hotel Lemon Creek and wanted to go Banjul market, asked help from hotel and there he was after few minutes. We had excellent service and super lovely guide with us. We had what we wanted and more plus so much information about Gambia in general. We highly recommend this company.

1  Thank Amakarit
Reviewed 6 November 2018

We first visited the Gambia in April 2018 and fell completely under its spell; so much so that we went back for another visit six months later in October!
And, of course, as in April, we used the excellent services of Tour Gambia! Modou and Isnaila met us at the airport and we spent the next five days/nights undertaking an amazing tour of the Casamance region of south Senegal. As before, the trip was a feast for all five senses. See that! Taste this! Smell this! Regular stops in the 4x4 to view wildlife spotted beside the road, regular stops to view inside local houses (compounds), to talk to locals (e.g. a blacksmith) and stops to try local food and drink. We even met the animist king of the Casamance, which was an honour indeed! And once we got down onto the Casamance river at Elinkin, we started an excellent tour of little fishing villages and settlements on various boats. Accommodation was in eco lodges and small hotels, some of which were basic, but comprised, in those cases, the only available accommodation in these out-of-the-way places. But the accommodation ticked all the boxes, and the food supplied was good and plentiful. I even had king prawns for breakfast in Elinkin, fresh off the fisherman’s boat. A first for me!
We have spent the best part of a month in the Gambia and Senegal this year, and have many, many happy memories. A million thanks go to Modou and Isnaila, for making it all possible.
We have no hesitation in recommending the services of Tour Gambia. Modou is an excellent and knowledgeable guide, and both he and Isnaila are wonderful company. The best of luck Modou, you deserve to have a very busy and successful year!

Date of experience: October 2018