“Cosy, friendly pub!”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I went here last Friday night for a meal without booking a table - friendly staff, and good pub food but with limited choice. Traditional decor with a fire - I imagine this is a cosy place to visit in the winter!

Date of visit: August 2014

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Visited this pub for the first time with my friend for a Sunday lunch. And it was exquisite!!!! The best Sunday lunch I think I have ever had! Will definitely be returning. Service was good and quick. Definitely definitely recommend.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Friendly people,great ale,nice food.What's not to like.Amazing open fire for winter nights.Best pub in the area I would say.

Date of visit: May 2014
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The Bull has been through various iterations recently - but it is still always worth a visit as it is such a beautiful, traditional pub. Sunday lunch is particularly fantastic now and one if the best I have had for some time. Midweek menu is not quite so good with basic, but well cooked pub grub. It is a shame they are not more adventurous with some specials. A good wine list and lovely staff.

Date of visit: May 2014
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Recently stopped for Sunday lunch in here. My other half used to use thispub with family a lot.
It has recently been re-taken over by the ex landlady Jane who was there a few years ago who knew my other half and family well.
We were treated to one of the nicest pub roast dinners I have had in ages.
The staff were brilliant and the landlady extremely helpful (not just because she knew us either, we watched her talk to all of the tables exactly the same)

You will always get a warm welcome and a fabulous Sunday Roast. Try it!

Date of visit: April 2014