This was our second trip to the Dominican and again, it did not disappoint. (previously stayed at Cayo Levantado) From the airport to the hotel to our room and to the beach! A beautiful 2 weeks in a beautiful country hosted by beautiful people!
The reception staff were outstanding and friendly, ready to help with anything we needed, whenever we needed it, Gracias Carlos and Leandro! Leandro, you were right, you gave us the best room!
The dining staff always had great smiles and enjoyed talking with us when they could. The language barrier was a wonderful experience, they always helped me pronounce my Spanish words and I helped them with their English, always ending in giggles. Not to mention the food in the buffet and Al La Cartes was excellente! Gracias Ramon and Christian!
The bar staff were fabulous, even the new trainees paid attention to our faces and always seemed to remember what we were drinking. Muchos Gracias to Josephina, Martina and Nadia, you ladies really kept us smiling!
The entertainment staff were so much fun, always stopping by to say hello and asking us how our vacation was going. Gracias Juan Carlos and German for giving us great laughs everyday and really making us feel welcome.
Gracias to the housekeeping staff, very little English was spoken but once I learned how to say Mas Cafe y Mas Agua (more coffee and more water) I got big smiles from all of them and they always complied. Our room was well cleaned daily.
To the Photo Staff of Photoventura, Gracias for your daily smiles and beautiful pictures, and the professional way you take them, we will cherish them forever.
We indulged ourselves in a couples massage at the Bahia Spa, what a beautiful experience for two. Very professional and respectful. Thank you ladies!
The vendors on the beach selling their wares were friendly and not overly pushy, thank you all for sharing your stories with us and even showing us pictures of your children. And thank you for respecting our 'no gracias' at times.
Finally to the Gran Bahia chain. El Portillo is a beautiful location, the beach is immaculate, the snorkeling is fabulous and the chairs and cabanas are plentiful. We had a wonderful time and will most definitely return. Having a snack shop right at beach side is an added bonus.
hasta el próximo año!
Leila & Jeff Thompson room 3204
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 pools Jacuzzi Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball net on the beach Water activity and scuba diving centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Main buffet restaurant and 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars Snack-bar Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, bars and disco. Rooms 582 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Club Golden Junior Suite, Junior Suite and Family Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Air conditioning Ceiling fan Terrace or balcony Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (with additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Ironing set (available on request) Superior Junior Suite: balcony or terrace, sitting area with sofa-bed, ironing set, coffee-making facilities, private guest service phone line, umbrella, VIP amenities. Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scout Water park Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Personalised diets on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo Hotel Las Terrenas
- El Portillo Beach Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo Dominican Republic/Samana - Las Terrenas