Once again a fabulous week at this hotel, amazing staff, especially Felix in the dining Room, also Maraya, and to be honest, you will not find a better staff anywhere in the Caribbean. We have been to most of the Islands, and quite a few Bahia's, in particular, but this particular hotel, is definitely the best for friendly obliging staff. Rooms are excellent, beach fabulous with beautiful warm water, where the lots of tropical fish can be found , no snorkelling trips required here. I unfortunately had a medical issue, nothing to do with the hotel, and the prompt service from Dr. Vanessa was amazing, she called me a few times just to see how I was doing. Thank you so much for your concern. If you fly into Samana airport it is only a 40 minute drive to the hotel, you will not be disappointed. Will see you all again next year. Feliz Navidad.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 pools Jacuzzi Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball net on the beach Water activity and scuba diving centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Main buffet restaurant and 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars Snack-bar Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, bars and disco. Rooms 582 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Club Golden Junior Suite, Junior Suite and Family Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Air conditioning Ceiling fan Terrace or balcony Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (with additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Ironing set (available on request) Superior Junior Suite: balcony or terrace, sitting area with sofa-bed, ironing set, coffee-making facilities, private guest service phone line, umbrella, VIP amenities. Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scout Water park Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Personalised diets on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo Hotel Las Terrenas
- El Portillo Beach Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo Dominican Republic/Samana - Las Terrenas