As you can probably tell from the title of this review, this is the fourth time that I go to Grand Bahia Principe el Portillo and just like that first time, I only have great things to say.
First off, because I have been there 4 times, I have obviously made friends with the employees at El Portillo. Yearly, I advise them the week that I will be there to ensure I get the room (villa) that I always stay in. This time around, my usual Villa was not available due to construction (Carlos Rosario, the hotel manager, advised me of this before arriving to the hotel). I was a little dissapointed knowing that I was not going to be staying in the villa that I liked so much, however, Carlos Rosario definitely made up for it, the room I stayed in was bigger and better than the one I am used to. In the room they welcomed us with a fruit platter along with t-shirts and bottle of rum (which is very nice on their part).
It's so great to return to El Portillo, the employees remember their guests and they welcome you with arms wide open. It really feels like home away from home!
The staff is great. The reception staff, the animation staff, the buffet staff, the bar staff, etc. they are all great. They make sure you feel at home and if you have any problem, they definitely go out of their way to help you. I had some issues with the AC the first night I arrived and within the hour it was fixed and it worked great.
The food is very good. I am a very picky eater, and if I am able to fill up my plate and enjoy my food, anybody can.
All in all this hotel is a great place to stay at. It is more of a family place and not a party place. If you need a week (or 2) of relaxation, Portillo is the place to go. I'd like to give a special thank you to everyone who works at Portillo for making our fourth stay a great one. A very special thank you to: Carols Rosario (Boss), Johnny, Daniel, Angelo, Eli and Marco in animation, Nidia at the bar (our mommy away from home who knew exactly how I like my coffee) and Pedro at reception. See you all next year! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 pools Jacuzzi Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball net on the beach Water activity and scuba diving centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Main buffet restaurant and 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars Snack-bar Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, bars and disco. Rooms 582 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Club Golden Junior Suite, Junior Suite and Family Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Air conditioning Ceiling fan Terrace or balcony Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (with additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Ironing set (available on request) Superior Junior Suite: balcony or terrace, sitting area with sofa-bed, ironing set, coffee-making facilities, private guest service phone line, umbrella, VIP amenities. Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scout Water park Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Personalised diets on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo Hotel Las Terrenas
- El Portillo Beach Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo Dominican Republic/Samana - Las Terrenas