My family and I decided to take a last minute trip to the Dominican Republic. We ended up going to El Portillo. First of all, I have nothing negative to say!!! This was the best vacation I have ever had!!! The hotel is amazing, the beach is breath taking, and the food is so delicious!!! I couldn't ask for more!!! We also loved the staff and I ended up making so many friends there!!! They work so hard, they are really funny, and they always put a smile on your face!!! A shoutout goes to Natalia, Yissel, Roman, Raul, Francis, and everyone else who I met there!!! Also, the entertainment team is crazy and they make your visit so much better!!! I couldn't stop laughing when they did the water aerobics and the other fun stuff!!! Plus, I think that your dancing skills will improve when you go there!!! If you end up going to this beautiful resort, you will have a great time!!! My family and I are definitely coming back!!! See you soon El Portillo!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 pools Jacuzzi Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball net on the beach Water activity and scuba diving centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Main buffet restaurant and 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars Snack-bar Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, bars and disco. Rooms 582 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Club Golden Junior Suite, Junior Suite and Family Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Air conditioning Ceiling fan Terrace or balcony Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (with additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Ironing set (available on request) Superior Junior Suite: balcony or terrace, sitting area with sofa-bed, ironing set, coffee-making facilities, private guest service phone line, umbrella, VIP amenities. Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scout Water park Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Personalised diets on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo Hotel Las Terrenas
- El Portillo Beach Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo Dominican Republic/Samana - Las Terrenas