We booked 10 "beachside" villas because their website at the time portrayed the property to be a charming boutique resort with 35 rental units (the website has since updated that information along with the misleading photo of what appeared to be a beach villa but is really their restaurant). So you can imagine our shock when we drove up to this monstrosity of a complex with hundreds of condos! And you guessed it, they are not on the beach. The first night, 3 "villas" were without AC, one didn't have electricity, one didn't have hot water. Now having said all of this, the condos are huge and lovely, all ailments were repaired the same day, the beach is spectacular, the restaurant isn't bad (although it was closed to the public one night for a private party so all 20 of us had to taxi into town), the 2 pools are big and very nice, the spa is expensive but worth the splurge and everyone had a great time. November is off season so we had the place pretty much to ourselves. It would have been a different experience if all units had been full.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Xeliter Balcones del Atlántico, the newest luxury resort in the Dominican Republic. Balcones features lavish one- two and three bedroom villa suites, Porto, a beachfront restaurant and bar, and a wide variety of Caribbean vacation activities including watersports, eco-tourism and more. Get the full luxury experience by staying at the Penthouse Villa where you will enjoy a rooftop deck offering incredible views, an impressive private plunge pool, and close to 4000 sq ft. of luxury space for 6 to 7 friends or family. Located on the Dominican Republic's Samaná Peninsula, Balcones del Atlántico is nestled in a lush tropical oasis on nearly a kilometer of Playa Las Terrenas. Discover some of the world's most pristine beaches, untouched landscapes and underwater splendors while enjoying world-class accommodations and amenities. Check out our current Caribbean vacation packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Xeliter Balcones del Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balcones Del Atlantico, a Rock Hotel Las Terrenas
- Xeliter Balcones Del Atlantico Dominican Republic/Samana - Las Terrenas