We just returned from a one-week stay and loved everything about this resort. The 3-bedroom apartment was spacious, clean, and very comfortable, with everything in working order. The resort is big, so you don't feel claustrophobic, and felt safe enough that our teenagers roamed from beach to pool to restaurant without us worrying. We liked the location--on a pretty beach, with town just a short drive away. Most important was how friendly and kind everyone was. We arrived at night in a grim mood after an hours-long drive in a scary rental car (definitely fly into El Catey if you can!), and were greeted by calm, smiling Delmys, who took good care of us for the rest of the week. She, along with Eliana, Anyelo, Juan and everyone else at the desk, the restaurant, and the postcard-perfect beach bar El Mosquito were warm, attentive and friendly. As others have noted, this is a low-key and relaxing resort--we were there over the holidays and most of the other guests seemed to be families. For us, it was ideal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Xeliter Balcones del Atlántico, the newest luxury resort in the Dominican Republic. Balcones features lavish one- two and three bedroom villa suites, Porto, a beachfront restaurant and bar, and a wide variety of Caribbean vacation activities including watersports, eco-tourism and more. Get the full luxury experience by staying at the Penthouse Villa where you will enjoy a rooftop deck offering incredible views, an impressive private plunge pool, and close to 4000 sq ft. of luxury space for 6 to 7 friends or family. Located on the Dominican Republic's Samaná Peninsula, Balcones del Atlántico is nestled in a lush tropical oasis on nearly a kilometer of Playa Las Terrenas. Discover some of the world's most pristine beaches, untouched landscapes and underwater splendors while enjoying world-class accommodations and amenities. Check out our current Caribbean vacation packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Xeliter Balcones del Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balcones Del Atlantico, a Rock Hotel Las Terrenas
- Xeliter Balcones Del Atlantico Dominican Republic/Samana - Las Terrenas