“haites park tour ok--tour group organization very good”

Flora Tours - Day Tours
emeryville, ca
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“haites park tour ok--tour group organization very good”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I did the day long Haites park tour. It was pouring rain all day, but was still really fun. Mostly I enjoyed the boat ride and I liked our guide. He was funny and engaging. I do think the tour went a little long. Lunch was decent. After lunch we went to Taino park, which is new and which I could completely have done without. It's a history lesson played out with manequins, essentially. I found it underwhelming. I think a better afternoon would be a boat ride to some wonderful beach where we could snorkel. Although it was a rainy day. Flora Tours itself was great--professional, friendly well organized.

Visited August 2012

Miami, Florida
“Great tour to Los Haitises”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Based on reviews I read on the internet, we went straight to Flora Tours and were not disappointed. We were traveling with 5 kids and 4 adults on this tour. I thought the tour was very informational and entertaining for what there is to offer at the park. The tour at the national park got a little long for the kids but they were refreshed during the lunch. The Taino Park was very much enjoyed by all the kids (ages 6-11) and the adults as well.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fun and informational!”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We went on a full day trip to visit Los Haitises National Park (via boat tour) and Taino Park. The guides were extremely knowledgeable, spoke pretty fluent English and loved to have a ton of fun! My only complaint was that the day was a bit too long. We were gone from 8am-5:30pm, I believe. We were exhausted afterward!

Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Human scale.”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

If you're looking for excursions on a human scale and not being crambed into buses and boats with a gazillion other tourists , then Flora Tours is the one for you!

Bowie
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Flora Tours is AWESOME!!!!”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I just recently visited the Las Terrenas area in the Dominican Republic. The trip was absolutely amazing. I had planned to sit on the beach the 7 days while on vacation. However, I was browsing through a book of places to visit and decided to do a little sight seeing. I had one of the locals drive me into town and was directed to Flora Tours. I went in and met Nicolas. I decided to check out the Limon Waterfall because the photos were so amazing. Not only was I extremely amazed at the price but it was truly amazing. I decided to walk instead of taking a horse which was an option. Nicolas did a great job of getting us there before everyone else arrived because it gets really busy. We literally had the waterfall all to ourselves for quite some time. The trip was great because it was just 1/2 a day and I was back in time enough to relax at the beach near my villa. I would absolutely recommend working with Nicolas for any tours. He speaks several languages and was just so helpful and kind. He's responsive and trustworthy. You won't be disappointed.

~Kristine W.